Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I have a bundle of stuff in my bag but have no idea what is useful and what isnt. What is everyone else revising?

What are the basics I NEED to know??

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my teacher said that correlations are like almost definitely going to come up because they didn't last year but I'm not sure which other 2 will so I'd say just briefly revise the rest
    But honestly I am soo stuck on the case studies

ReputationRep:
    any predictions on what will come up on the core paper ? and how are you guys revising ?

ReputationRep:
    no idea, kinda just doing the basics, background/ aims/ IV& DV on little index cards
    and then will just write out the perspectives/ approaches and what they believe
    no clue about procedures and findings yet.... theres just so much

ReputationRep:
    Investigations paper will totally kill me :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Investigations:
    - Correlations didn't come up last year so may come up this year. Possible for planning question.
    - Self Reports could come up as a planning question, worth looking into.
    - Observations came up last year as a planning question, so less likely this year.
    - Experiments may come up.

Core Studies:
    Section B:
    - Samuel & Bryant may come up as it hasn't in quite a while.
    - A couple of others like Griffiths have chances, but they've been reasonably covered since, boards probably wont repeat the same ones as last year.
    Section C: Psychodynamic perspective probably will come up as it hasn't in quite a while.

Since last year they decided the Section C of the core studies to be a 6 mark question on experiments of cognitive approach and strengths and weaknesses of lab experiments, rather than the usual ones, there are two situations that could happen. They may try and trip us up again by giving us something were not expecting, e.g. an observation planning question or behaviourist on Section C, OR they'll go back to standard strategy and get it to crop up in another 5 years or so. I hope they do the latter as we already have enough work as it is with knowing studies that 10-13 of which we'll only answer a 4-mark or 2 2-mark questions on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    Investigations paper will totally kill me :sad:
    Nerves are kicking in i'm so scared - but honestly more scared for the core studies paper

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 10, 2015

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.