Hi. I have a bundle of stuff in my bag but have no idea what is useful and what isnt. What is everyone else revising?
What are the basics I NEED to know??
Turn on thread page Beta
OCR PSYCHOLOGIAL INVESTIGATIONS.. 6 days!! watch
- Thread Starter
- 04-05-2015 22:33
- 05-05-2015 20:01
Hi, my teacher said that correlations are like almost definitely going to come up because they didn't last year but I'm not sure which other 2 will so I'd say just briefly revise the rest
But honestly I am soo stuck on the case studies
- 05-05-2015 21:36
any predictions on what will come up on the core paper ? and how are you guys revising ?
- 05-05-2015 21:56
no idea, kinda just doing the basics, background/ aims/ IV& DV on little index cards
and then will just write out the perspectives/ approaches and what they believe
no clue about procedures and findings yet.... theres just so much
- 09-05-2015 21:19
Investigations paper will totally kill me
- 09-05-2015 22:35
- Correlations didn't come up last year so may come up this year. Possible for planning question.
- Self Reports could come up as a planning question, worth looking into.
- Observations came up last year as a planning question, so less likely this year.
- Experiments may come up.
- Samuel & Bryant may come up as it hasn't in quite a while.
- A couple of others like Griffiths have chances, but they've been reasonably covered since, boards probably wont repeat the same ones as last year.
Section C: Psychodynamic perspective probably will come up as it hasn't in quite a while.
Since last year they decided the Section C of the core studies to be a 6 mark question on experiments of cognitive approach and strengths and weaknesses of lab experiments, rather than the usual ones, there are two situations that could happen. They may try and trip us up again by giving us something were not expecting, e.g. an observation planning question or behaviourist on Section C, OR they'll go back to standard strategy and get it to crop up in another 5 years or so. I hope they do the latter as we already have enough work as it is with knowing studies that 10-13 of which we'll only answer a 4-mark or 2 2-mark questions on.
- 10-05-2015 17:54