LaurenceJ96
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi. I have a bundle of stuff in my bag but have no idea what is useful and what isnt. What is everyone else revising?

What are the basics I NEED to know??
ashni98
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi, my teacher said that correlations are like almost definitely going to come up because they didn't last year but I'm not sure which other 2 will so I'd say just briefly revise the rest
But honestly I am soo stuck on the case studies
MPL_DEPP
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
any predictions on what will come up on the core paper ? and how are you guys revising ?
ashni98
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
no idea, kinda just doing the basics, background/ aims/ IV& DV on little index cards
and then will just write out the perspectives/ approaches and what they believe
no clue about procedures and findings yet.... theres just so much
Dinaa
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Investigations paper will totally kill me :sad:
Craig1998
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Investigations:
- Correlations didn't come up last year so may come up this year. Possible for planning question.
- Self Reports could come up as a planning question, worth looking into.
- Observations came up last year as a planning question, so less likely this year.
- Experiments may come up.

Core Studies:
Section B:
- Samuel & Bryant may come up as it hasn't in quite a while.
- A couple of others like Griffiths have chances, but they've been reasonably covered since, boards probably wont repeat the same ones as last year.
Section C: Psychodynamic perspective probably will come up as it hasn't in quite a while.

Since last year they decided the Section C of the core studies to be a 6 mark question on experiments of cognitive approach and strengths and weaknesses of lab experiments, rather than the usual ones, there are two situations that could happen. They may try and trip us up again by giving us something were not expecting, e.g. an observation planning question or behaviourist on Section C, OR they'll go back to standard strategy and get it to crop up in another 5 years or so. I hope they do the latter as we already have enough work as it is with knowing studies that 10-13 of which we'll only answer a 4-mark or 2 2-mark questions on.
ashni98
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Dinaa)
Investigations paper will totally kill me :sad:
Nerves are kicking in i'm so scared - but honestly more scared for the core studies paper
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (90)
38.3%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (25)
10.64%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.66%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
24.26%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (28)
11.91%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
7.23%

Watched Threads