The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Helenia
So you realised that acting the way you were wasn't winning you any friends, so you decided to act differently? Do you want a prize?

OK, so do explain, was there a reason you were so rude up there? What did he ever do to you? Or do you just get a kick out of being rude? What is it with you people and this place!
Reply 21
you read too much into mystery method and pua books

Now shush.
Reply 22
So you're proud of who you are, and yet you hide it when you want to f hot girls?

Thats cool...If sex is all you want from girls. However when (if) the time finally comes and you want a relationship/partner/soul mate, you will have to stop 'cheating' and let girls see the real you. Then what?
Reply 23
he's saying that he was justifiably seen as a geek and had no friends, became fake and got a girl on two. now feels the need to shout from the rooftops about it.

great story.
Reply 24
And what happens when you actually try to get into a relationship and then your facade slips and they realise maybe you're not the person you're making yourself out to be?

Hmmm... with time I've noticed that when people like me, they also like what I do. Sometimes they even do what I do, after they know me for a long time.

Once you're good at cheating, others look at you in the same way even if they discover the "truth". It's like "god mode" in computer games I guess. Your enemies keep shooting at you even when they see that you don't die :biggrin:

Let's be honest: unless my facade slips after just 2-3 weeks we know each other, nothing serious can really happen...
And I guess my girlfriend would see me playing dungeons and dragons the same way another girlfriend would see her boyfriend screaming at the TV with his friends watching sports...

Which isn't true, end of story. The words 'get over yourself' spring to mind.

I appreciate your positive attitude :smile: Thank You.
Reply 25
Ross_j
he's saying that he was justifiably seen as a geek and had no friends, became fake and got a girl on two. now feels the need to shout from the rooftops about it.

great story.

And yes it is.
Reply 26
Anonymous
Hmmm... with time I've noticed that when people like me, they also like what I do. Sometimes they even do what I do, after they know me for a long time.

Once you're good at cheating, others look at you in the same way even if they discover the "truth". It's like "god mode" in computer games I guess. Your enemies keep shooting at you even when they see that you don't die :biggrin:

Let's be honest: unless my facade slips after just 2-3 weeks we know each other, nothing serious can really happen...
And I guess my girlfriend would see me playing dungeons and dragons the same way another girlfriend would see her boyfriend screaming at the TV with his friends watching sports...

I appreciate your positive attitude :smile: Thank You.

Then I return to my original point.

You've not actually DONE anything.

You've just found people who accept you for who you are.
Reply 27
Giliwoo
And yes it is.

got any others similar to this? gives me a warm feeling inside to see such tales of courage and bravery.
Reply 28
Fleece
Then I return to my original point.

You've not actually DONE anything.

He's discovered that you can have all the social skills and attendent advantages, while not betraying your true self. A middle way is always good. And he's right too: society is an act, in many cases. You will only get what you want if you meet it on its own terms. But our fellow here finds that you can meet it on its own terms, while not selling your soul.
Reply 29
Ross_j
got any others similar to this? gives me a warm feeling inside to see such tales of courage and bravery.

Go find a copy of Reader's Digest then :rolleyes:
Reply 30
Giliwoo
OK, so do explain, was there a reason you were so rude up there? What did he ever do to you? Or do you just get a kick out of being rude? What is it with you people and this place!

That was hardly THAT rude. I was just asking exactly what he hoped to achieve by this thread.

And to the OP, your second post (in reply to me) kind of makes your first one make less sense. You're now basically saying that (shock, horror) you went to university and found some people who weren't as cliquey as people are in school. Again, that's not really "cheating."
Reply 31

Trust me, Fleece, they wouldn't have accepted me if they knew only the inside. They reacted to my mere appearance.
Reply 32
Giliwoo
He's discovered that you can have all the social skills and attendent advantages, while not betraying your true self. A middle way is always good. And he's right too: society is an act, in many cases. You will only get what you want if you meet it on its own terms. But our fellow here finds that you can meet it on its own terms, while not selling your soul.

if anything its the opposite. but if you want to go ask him for advice go ahead because you can obviously relate.
Reply 33
Giliwoo

Well then either's it's part of him, or he's changed due to society.

Either way the whole thing is a crock of ****.
Reply 34
Ross_j
if anything its the opposite. but if you want to go ask him for advice go ahead because you can obviously relate.

No, really, it's exactly as Giliwoo said.
Reply 35
Anonymous
Trust me, Fleece, they wouldn't have accepted me if they knew only the inside. They reacted to my mere appearance.

So you DID change that?
Reply 36
not even in a rude way but the op reminds me of somebody socially inept, who has got a couple of girls and is now brimming with false confidence EG alan partridge.
Reply 37
Helenia
That was hardly THAT rude. I was just asking exactly what he hoped to achieve by this thread."

I'm not sure we always start threads to "achieve" anything. Sometimes just to share things we've thought about, and observations we've made. It's not fair to piss on them.
Reply 38
Giliwoo
No, really, it's exactly as Giliwoo said.

stop talking in the third person you moron. and i think youll find if you read the post below the one ive quoted youll realise giliwoo was in the wrong.
Reply 39
you can meet [society] on its own terms, while not selling your soul.

Ditto. Ditto. Ditto.

You're now basically saying that (shock, horror) you went to university and found some people who weren't as cliquey as people are in school. Again, that's not really "cheating."

Nooooo... :biggrin: in my first post I simply said that now I'm a young adult going to university. Just a side information. I started acting (or cheating, whatever) many years before going to university.

Latest

Trending

Trending