?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
AS Biology revsion tips??
victoria98
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Biology is memory work, and there's A LOT to remember. I imagine that by now, you've got all the basic knowledge which maybe needs a bit of polishing. There isn't much time left now to make revision notes, but you can always make flashcards or stick post-it notes around your house (or at least around your room!).

With F212 the papers are a bit weird; there are several 6/7/8 mark QWC questions scattered throughout (usually on those harder topics). They don't generally ask for many keywords, but there's an abundance of annoying 'suggest' questions particularly in the biodiversity sections (mark schemes are so damn specific EVEN for the suggest questions, it really does suck).

So what I recommend you do is, go through past papers. Try them in exam conditions and mark harshly (or preferably have someone else mark them). Then note down the year the paper was from, all the questions you got wrong and which topics they correspond to. You then want to revise those topics- mainly by memorising what model answers might look like- you could do this by writing it out several times or by making a flashcard. There are some videos available on YouTube as well so watch those (can't remember off the top of my head, but if you're interested ask me and I'll send you some links!). You want to have rough idea of what comes up on a paper, and once you do a bunch of them you'll (hopefully) notice that the structure remains more or less the same each time. Oh, and make sure you redo the questions you originally got wrong a couple days after first attempting them! Good luck!
eniolafc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
(Original post by victoria98)
Biology is memory work, and there's A LOT to remember. I imagine that by now, you've got all the basic knowledge which maybe needs a bit of polishing. There isn't much time left now to make revision notes, but you can always make flashcards or stick post-it notes around your house (or at least around

Thank You

your room!).

With F212 the papers are a bit weird; there are several 6/7/8 mark QWC questions scattered throughout (usually on those harder topics). They don't generally ask for many keywords, but there's an abundance of annoying 'suggest' questions particularly in the biodiversity sections (mark schemes are so damn specific EVEN for the suggest questions, it really does suck).

So what I recommend you do is, go through past papers. Try them in exam conditions and mark harshly (or preferably have someone else mark them). Then note down the year the paper was from, all the questions you got wrong and which topics they correspond to. You then want to revise those topics- mainly by memorising what model answers might look like- you could do this by writing it out several times or by making a flashcard. There are some videos available on YouTube as well so watch those (can't remember off the top of my head, but if you're interested ask me and I'll send you some links!). You want to have rough idea of what comes up on a paper, and once you do a bunch of them you'll (hopefully) notice that the structure remains more or less the same each time. Oh, and make sure you redo the questions you originally got wrong a couple days after first attempting them! Good luck!
Thank you so much
_BANANA_
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by victoria98)
Biology is memory work, and there's A LOT to remember. I imagine that by now, you've got all the basic knowledge which maybe needs a bit of polishing. There isn't much time left now to make revision notes, but you can always make flashcards or stick post-it notes around your house (or at least around your room!).

Oh my gosh, thank you thank you thank you!
bassno3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
https://app.box.com/s/eh1xfkg9vn8gp4xunicf9lj1ebwu6j36
F212 notes, a lot based on exam mark schemes
eniolafc
Rep:
?
(Original post by bassno3)
God bless you my friends and I thank you
eniolafc
Rep:
?
(Original post by bassno3)
The link does not work. Help!!
bassno3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by eniolafc)
The link does not work. Help!!
recheck it, it works
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (48)
24.62%
Less motivated (147)
75.38%

Watched Threads