Turn on thread page Beta

favourite books watch

Announcements

Roger Zelazny is quite good. his books are slightly on the weird side and a bit gorey, but for people who like fanatasy with a touch of action, go for his series starting with "nine princes in amber". its very original & well written.

ReputationRep:
    Diana Whinn Jones *must work out how to spell 'Whinn' one of these days- it looks wrong but I'm sure there's an h in it somewhere....*
    My mum used to read some of her books to me when I was a wee wee lassy...they were great and I still enjoy them now - some of her books are more 'adult' than others but to be frank I think like 'Harry Potter' /most/some/they can be liked by all ages

'Dark Lord of Derkholm/home'??? is great...'Fire and Hemlock'- have read it many a time... 'Howls Moving Castle' -very enjoybale....

ReputationRep:
    Just to be annoying and seem like a know-it-all its Wynne.

i know this sounds a bit dull, but throughout gcses we had 2 read thomas hardy books, and i actually find them really good! i recommend "Tess of the D'Urbeville" (sorry, for spelling) and Mayor of Casterbridge. Both are highly enjoyable. As is The Return of the Native. There are so many love triangles! its definitely for those of u who like complex love affairs!

The best book ever has got to be "Rebecca" by Daphne Dumarrier. It is a somewhat dark love story. The twist at the end is highly satisfying!

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by rachelina*
    Just to be annoying and seem like a know-it-all its Wynne.
    that's the one!

A good book is 'Different Seasons' by Stephen King, it has 4 different stories in or 'novellas':

- Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption
    - Apt Pupil
    - The Body
    - The Breathing Method

3/4 of these 'novellas' have been made into films; Shawshank Redemption, Apt Pupil and Stand By Me (the body) respectively! The Breathing Method is okay but the worst one out of the lot, the other three are brilliant. It's amazing how many of Stephen Kings books have been made into films, he be worth millions. Recommended.

ReputationRep:
    Stephen King really freaks me out. I swear, every picture I see of him, he looks like a dead person. AND that picture of Jack Nicholson that always gets shown when they're talking about 'The Shining' when his head is like stuck between the door. Please understand that I got scared in Scary Movie so I really am a terrible wuss.

don't worry rach. there are loads of scardey cats around even at out age. I'm 18 and i cant make myself see any scary movie! if i watch them, i cant sleep at night!!!

Mein Kampf
    orginal and correct

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.