Arkarian
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
It seems clear to me that 'quite a few' people on this forum don't know much politics.

One of the 'main' parties has already won, but it seems people dont realise that they need to vote for the king maker or we won't have a change in government and there will need to be another vote.

The 'Kingmaker' Refers to a smaller party that will team up with a big party to be able to become the winners.

No current party has enough seats to run government themselves

People are advised to vote for a smaller party so that they can keep the big party on course in the upcoming years.

People who want you to vote Labour or Conservatives are actually deferring the election till a later date as no party even with enough votes will be able to win.
Reformed2010
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Arkarian)
It seems clear to me that 'quite a few' people on this forum don't know much politics.

One of the 'main' parties has already won, but it seems people dont realise that they need to vote for the king maker or we won't have a change in government and there will need to be another vote.

The 'Kingmaker' Refers to a smaller party that will team up with a big party to be able to become the winners.

No current party has enough seats to run government themselves

People are advised to vote for a smaller party so that they can keep the big party on course in the upcoming years.

People who want you to vote Labour or Conservatives are actually deferring the election till a later date as no party even with enough votes will be able to win.
Under the Fixed-term Parliaments Act 2011 UK general elections are fixed for every 5 years and even if Labour or Conservative don't win a working majority they cannot be forced out so easily. Unless a two-thirds majority of the House of Commons votes for it or if a vote of no-confidence in the government is carried and 14 days passes without an alternative administration winning a vote of confidence.

If you want a change of government you vote whatever way you want but voting SNP or UKIP only encourages the main parties to be pulled further left and right. If I am against that surely it is best I lend support to Labour so they least likely rely on kingmakers as much as possible.
Arkarian
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reformed2010)
Under the Fixed-term Parliaments Act 2011 UK general elections are fixed for every 5 years and even if Labour or Conservative don't win a working majority they cannot be forced out so easily. Unless a two-thirds majority of the House of Commons votes for it or if a vote of no-confidence in the government is carried and 14 days passes without an alternative administration winning a vote of confidence.

If you want a change of government you vote whatever way you want but voting SNP or UKIP only encourages the main parties to be pulled further left and right. If I am against that surely it is best I lend support to Labour so they least likely rely on kingmakers as much as possible.
Labor is currently winning, but unless people vote for the king maker no party is able to run the government, I don't mean vote UKIP but I am saying, voting for a party like green to keep the UKs interests in the center is best. UKIP is classed as a "big party" as they hold a medium percent of seats but currently you need to decide what minor party you wish to team up with if you want to have labour in power.
Arkarian
Rep:
?

In other words. If you are voting to change the government, you need to vote for the kingmaker who is siding with your chosen party for them to then team up and take the government.
Davij038
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Labor is currently winning, but unless people vote for the king maker no party is able to run the government, I don't mean vote UKIP but I am saying, voting for a party like green to keep the UKs interests in the center is best. UKIP is classed as a "big party" as they hold a medium percent of seats but currently you need to decide what minor party you wish to team up with if you want to have labour in power.

Voting green to keep the Uk in the political centre...You either dont know what you're talking about or the most left wing person in britain.

What on earth are you talking about? Ukip are unlikley to have more than four seats.
Reformed2010
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

In other words. If you are voting to change the government, you need to vote for the kingmaker who is siding with your chosen party for them to then team up and take the government.
What the hell? it all depends on your damn politics. Why would a Labour man like myself want the Greens to gain more seats? everything you're saying contradicts everything else. The Green party are not centre of British politics hence not bloody getting much votes. Right wing Labour and Left wing Conservatives are.
NormiesOut
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
a Labour man like myself.
Attached files
Reformed2010
Rep:
?