Ocr French revolution history exam F964

Watch
frances98
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So due to a lack of good teaching I need help with my French revolution revision!
How do I need to structure my answer in order to get an A?
Is anyone else on here doing this exam next week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Learn Ranger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not sure about structuring answers but there's some useful extra resources here on TSR if your notes aren't so great.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/re...revolution&go=
Josb
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm a French historian, I can help if you want.
katyhuxy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What do people think it is likely to be on, I am retaking it this year, and last years question was awful!
frances98
Rep:
?
(Original post by katyhuxy)
What do people think it is likely to be on, I am retaking it this year, and last years question was awful!
Was it the question about turgots 6 edicts or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1923671
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What on earth were turgot's 6 edicts
We were never told to learn about them in my class! I swear if this paper comes up with something we were never taught or told to revise I will be fuming!
I'd love the paper to be on key question 1, far more straightforward than the other two key questions I think, but structuring and knowing where to put the historical knowledge into it is a problem for me too, also due to terrible teaching... Does no one have any past A grade responses to post? Help!
frances98
Rep:
?
(Original post by sackgirl101)
We were never told to learn about them in my class! I swear if this paper comes up with something we were never taught or told to revise I will be fuming!
I'd love the paper to be on key question 1, far more straightforward than the other two key questions I think, but structuring and knowing where to put the historical knowledge into it is a problem for me too, also due to terrible teaching... Does no one have any past A grade responses to post? Help!
I believe they were to do with turgots financial policies or something because I tried this past paper recently (didn't do so well...)
There's a website with answers on it. I'll post a link if I can find it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
katyhuxy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What do you mean key question 1?
username1923671
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Key question one is the causes of the revolution
eleanor_idarose
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
hey what do you mean by key questions? What are the other two key questions? x
robohobo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by eleanor_idarose)
hey what do you mean by key questions? What are the other two key questions? x
The other two are constitutional monarchy and the terror
robohobo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by robohobo)
The other two are constitutional monarchy and the terror
June 2014 and June 2013 were on the causes of the revolution, so it is unlikely to come up again. Still revise it though! Looking at past papers, I would have thought that key topic 2 is most likely to come up, although OCR can be very cruel, as illustrated by their June 2014 paper.
eleanor_idarose
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh great, thank you so much! How are you revising?
frances98
Rep:
?
(Original post by robohobo)
June 2014 and June 2013 were on the causes of the revolution, so it is unlikely to come up again. Still revise it though! Looking at past papers, I would have thought that key topic 2 is most likely to come up, although OCR can be very cruel, as illustrated by their June 2014 paper.
I'm predicting key question3 although I'm still revising everything else aswell
robohobo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by frances98)
I'm predicting key question3 although I'm still revising everything else aswell
The specification says 1774-1795, so it would be wise to revise the Thermidorian reaction etc. From the spec. for topic 3:
"What were the reasons for the rise and fallof the Terror from October 1792 to 1795?:
- The Convention and the Terror, the rise ofRobespierre, internal changes and the impact ofwar; the destruction of the Girondins, oppositionto the Jacobins and the fall of Robespierre; theestablishment of the Thermidorian regime."
freya98
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've been looking for this thread for so long woop
freya98
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Does anyone have any model answers or advice of how to get over the a/b borderline
username1923671
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
So how did people even find that
I hated it but I think I passed? I predict I got like a C or something but idk. My thirty marker was crap haha. So I did worse than I wanted but oh well... At least my seventy marker was ok.
eleanor_idarose
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My teacher told us not to revise the directory cos he said it couldn't come up so lol
alextaljaard
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
so I interpreted the 70 mark as to meaning that revolution was popular as in still prevalent as opposed to liked by people..
am I dead or do I have a chance of scraping marks???
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
14.9%
I'm not sure (16)
3.61%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (148)
33.41%
I have already dropped out (8)
1.81%
I'm not a current university student (205)
46.28%

Watched Threads