The Student Room Group

Exam crisis

I have 9 days until my exam, and I started revising yesterday and I'm struggling, I revised the whole day.
I began revising before the Easter holiday but I was given three assignments that month to be completed and it was due all on the same week for it to be submitted through turnitin, hence why I stopped revising. I have gone back to revision and forgot everything now but I am having a melt down or some sort, I also have another exam which I have not revised for and I'm not able to do resits because I'll be on holiday, which my mum booked thinking that I won't fail. One exam is constitutional/public law and its 3 hour exam there's 7 topics and you have to answer 3 should I just learn three topics in depth or learn all just in case (I know the 7 topics luckily) I have started making notes on my laptop so I can print it out, read, and add relevant case studies but some of the topics are in so much depth and now it's put me off revising and I'm laying back in bed . Help how can I pass this exam that is worth 70% and my other exam the day after?!
Sadly, as you very well know this is your own fault.

You're expected to revise a little bit every weekend and especially during the holidays.

If you don't then you can pretty much expect you're going to struggle and potentially fail.

Best thing I can suggest if to revise all 7 topics as best you can, even make up flashcards, games etc.. and get family members to test your knowledge.

And last of all, get out of your bed and get studying! Yes, revising is tedious but it must be done and if you break it down into chunks, it won't look so daunting.

Oh and please remember for next year to make a study schedule and try to revise an hour or two each night. It really helps rather then cramming it all in at the end of the year.
All you can do now is study as best as you can in the time you have left

Worst comes to worst, you will have to resit and wave goodbye to your holiday :yes:

Sorry but life's a pain sometimes :hand:
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Stop asking for help and do your work. You know what you need to do so do it. Wasting precious time isn't going to help nor is getting into a panic.

Relax and do your work. Simple.
Reply 4
Accept your bad decisions and make the most of the time you have now. Revise now and do your absolute best till they're over - end of.
Reply 5
No one here can help, only you can help yourself :bigsmile:
kek

I'm in this position now with all my revision notes made

just a memory test now
Reply 7
If you made notes on computer, or have access to relevant material, I found mem-note.com useful for turning them into a flash card format really quickly.

Hope this helps

Original post by Ness'B
I have 9 days until my exam, and I started revising yesterday and I'm struggling, I revised the whole day.
I began revising before the Easter holiday but I was given three assignments that month to be completed and it was due all on the same week for it to be submitted through turnitin, hence why I stopped revising. I have gone back to revision and forgot everything now but I am having a melt down or some sort, I also have another exam which I have not revised for and I'm not able to do resits because I'll be on holiday, which my mum booked thinking that I won't fail. One exam is constitutional/public law and its 3 hour exam there's 7 topics and you have to answer 3 should I just learn three topics in depth or learn all just in case (I know the 7 topics luckily) I have started making notes on my laptop so I can print it out, read, and add relevant case studies but some of the topics are in so much depth and now it's put me off revising and I'm laying back in bed . Help how can I pass this exam that is worth 70% and my other exam the day after?!
Reply 8
Original post by n0mad_01
If you made notes on computer, or have access to relevant material, I found mem-note.com useful for turning them into a flash card format really quickly.

Hope this helps

I tried it but I don't know how it works it's cool though I've made flash cards as I've gone along. Thank you
Reply 9
Original post by Ness'B

Listen, don't panic. What annoys me most is people who are like robots, as here in this thread they're not thinking about your problem, just saying unhelpful stuff. For a constitution essay, it all depends on the question but the sources of the constitution will be guaranteed content. Stick to the fact in the question like glue and believe you can pass. What are the sources of the UK Constitution, think which sources protect citizens. It is an unwritten (codified version). The US Constitution parallel, which has its legal rights in one document, i.e easy to read and easy to obtain. Conversely consider that the UK Constitution can easily be amended, but the US version requires an inclusion of 3/4 of the US states to pass laws. Well we have the court decisions, i.e. common law. We also have important statutes. But think critically how useful common law is, for example is case law consistency dangerous for justice? What about those cases, how easy are they to read. Does the UK Constitution have rights for criminals? Should it include PACE 1984? What about 2000 pages long statute, is that helpful for anyone? Consider Thomas Bingham's rule of law (2006, i think). I hope these things are a helpful start and a cue to remember important principles. Does the UK really even have a constitution that protects citizens rights? You're the lawyer and your opinion counts, this is not secondary school anymore, so argue like a lawyer!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending