The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

According to GradeInfo, I'm 1 in 130,000.

Which is nice to hear, but must be rubbish as I know a couple of people at my school (which was bad- just failed OFSTED inspection) who got better than me.
FadeToBlackout
According to GradeInfo, I'm 1 in 130,000.

Wow! What were your GCSEs and A levels, if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 22
Please note that the gradeinfo website (as absolutely brilliant as it is) is a tad inaccurate at the extremes. Its correct about the nearest 500 or so. Also it doesn't include GS/CT.

So if you have AAAAAA (without GS/CT) at A Level is #1, then it means you are firmly in the top 500 students. :smile:

Read the Statistics or Disclaimer pages for more information.
Reply 23
Apparently I'm the numero uno as well, at least, my predicted grades are.
AAAAAa if you're interested.
Top 500 sounds good enough to me though
Reply 24
I was 1 in 130,000 until i realised i'd entered both my results in both AS and A2. Does anyone know what the average GCSE points score is for successful applicants?
Kicky
Does anyone know what the average GCSE points score is for successful applicants?

I know for sure that the average number of A* for successful entrants is 6.
Reply 26
^ In which case I'm just going to assume that SG 1 = GCSE A* so I can have the magical 6 too :p:
Reply 27
ledzep4eva
I know for sure that the average number of A* for successful entrants is 6.

That means some people will get in with less than 6.
Reply 28
As many with 10 as with 2. Incredible eh?
Reply 29
Hrm, not sure. There are probably a whole load of people with five.
coldfish
Hrm, not sure. There are probably a whole load of people with five.

Yeah, more likely than not it's about 80% of kids havin 4-8, and then a few guys n gals with 10-12, and a roughly equal amount with 0-2.
Reply 31
katrin_tara
^ In which case I'm just going to assume that SG 1 = GCSE A* so I can have the magical 6 too :p:

:smile: I get that too.

There should be a better way of comparing SGs and GCSEs. GCSEs should have some sort of UCAS tariff points. You know a 1 at SG is worth 38 while a C at AS is only 40?
Reply 32
kasias
There should be a better way of comparing SGs and GCSEs. GCSEs should have some sort of UCAS tariff points. You know a 1 at SG is worth 38 while a C at AS is only 40?

Really? :rofl:
Well 5 As at Higher = 6 As at AS, which makes a lot of Scottish people look very, very clever...
(although we are, of course :rolleyes:)
Reply 33
katrin_tara
Really? :rofl:
Well 5 As at Higher = 6 As at AS, which makes a lot of Scottish people look very, very clever...
(although we are, of course :rolleyes:)

Naturally. Living in this place obviously gives a few extra brain cells.

Converting all your UCAS points into AS levels give me a stange sense of gloatation. Can't help but feel it's not quite fair.:p:
kasias
Naturally. Living in this place obviously gives a few extra brain cells.

Converting all your UCAS points into AS levels give me a stange sense of gloatation. Can't help but feel it's not quite fair.:p:
To be honest it probably won't make a difference to how good the application is or make you more likely to get an offer; but deep down everyone knows we are better :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending