TraceyE
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi what is the difference between sports and exercise science and applied sports science?
Thanks
Solent Uni Student Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TraceyE)
Hi what is the difference between sports and exercise science and applied sports science?
Thanks
Hi Tracey,

Sorry this hasn't been replied to! If you still need this answering I can shed a bit of light on the two courses.

Applied sports science looks into client testing, anatomy and kinesiology, programme design, bio-mechanics, physiology - just in your first year. Applied sports science looks into all the different aspects of performance within sport and how to enhance etc. It also teaches you how to go on and become a Physical Education teacher, along with aiding procedures of injury, massages.

Health exercise and physical activity is our closes course to Sports and exercise science - where you will look at testing,training,anatomy,fitness ,psychology,weight management and skills within sport.

However looking at other universities courses: sports and exercise science - it is the most specific course that looks into primarily fitness and the ways to enhance, and understand the injury procedure as well as being able to aid.

I hope this helps (I didn't personally do sport at Solent).

- Kath
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (222)
67.68%
No (106)
32.32%

Watched Threads