The Student Room Group

Did I lie on my CV?

I am facing a current dilemma and I was wondering if the TSR community could assist me. Well, whilst doing my degree I also did three A-levels in Economics, Mathematics and Further Mathematics and received As in each of these subjects (don’t ask me how I did it J). On my CV I placed it them next to my other A-level grade so it looks like this:

Education
2005 2007 Sixth Form College Name, Location
A-levels: German (B), Economics (A), Mathematics (A), Further Mathematics (A)

I did the same with my GCSE grade in English and Science, am I in trouble? Would you classify it as misrepresentation?
I did receive the grades HOWEVER not on the dates specified, what would you do in the same situation?
I have recently applied for a new job and I have been thinking if this is a form of falsification. I didn’t do it to make myself look better; I simply did it to make my CV look more organised. How would you lay out your CV if faced in the same situation?

By the way, I did finish Mathematics and Economics A-level within a year but I still stated that it took two years.

Thanks for your help.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by HiMark
I am facing a current dilemma and I was wondering if the TSR community could assist me. Well, whilst doing my degree I also did three A-levels in Economics, Mathematics and Further Mathematics and received As in each of these subjects (don’t ask me how I did it J). On my CV I placed it them next to my other A-level grade so it looks like this:

Education

I did the same with my GCSE grade in English and Science, am I in trouble? Would you classify it as misrepresentation?
I did receive the grades HOWEVER not on the dates specified, what would you do in the same situation?
I have recently applied for a new job and I have been thinking if this is a form of falsification. I didn’t do it to make myself look better; I simply did it to make my CV look more organised. How would you lay out your CV if faced in the same situation?

By the way, I did finish Mathematics and Economics A-level within a year but I still stated that it took two years.

Thanks for your help.

Yes, you've misrepresented it.
Reply 2
Sorry guys I posted this twice, how can I delete it?
Original post by HiMark

Education

Yes you misrepresented your qualifications which were gained at University, not at school. What you have written presents an employer with a materially different view of your academic trajectory, which is something many employers consider.

You should put something like this

2013-16 University of Somewhere, BA (Hons) Wizardry
2013-14 Self Taught A levels,
Maths (A), Further Maths (A), Economics (A), German (B)
2006-13 Whatever School Town
A level English (B), Latin (B) and French (B), 10 GCSEs
Reply 4
Original post by threeportdrift
Yes you misrepresented your qualifications which were gained at University, not at school. What you have written presents an employer with a materially different view of your academic trajectory, which is something many employers consider.

You should put something like this

2013-16 University of Somewhere, BA (Hons) Wizardry
2013-14 Self Taught A levels,
Maths (A), Further Maths (A), Economics (A), German (B)
2006-13 Whatever School Town
A level English (B), Latin (B) and French (B), 10 GCSEs

Seems reasonable, I will contact them tomorrow.
Reply 5
Thank you all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending