cjgrounds1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi people,

Just looking at the geography aqa a2 specification, and it lists that you need to have case studies for urbanisation, suburbanisation, counter-urbanisation, re-urbanisation and planning and management issues. Underneath that it says that you need contrasting case studies within countries at different levels of economic development to demonstrate the above. Does this mean that you need two different cities for each topic, or just for planning and management issues, or that it's expected that you chose a mixture of LEDC and MEDC countries for the topics?

I have attached a link to the specification to hopefully make it clearer what I mean.

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...30-W-SP-14.PDF (Page 11)

Thanks
emsenior
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cjgrounds1)
Hi people,

Just looking at the geography aqa a2 specification, and it lists that you need to have case studies for urbanisation, suburbanisation, counter-urbanisation, re-urbanisation and planning and management issues. Underneath that it says that you need contrasting case studies within countries at different levels of economic development to demonstrate the above. Does this mean that you need two different cities for each topic, or just for planning and management issues, or that it's expected that you chose a mixture of LEDC and MEDC countries for the topics?

I have attached a link to the specification to hopefully make it clearer what I mean.

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...30-W-SP-14.PDF (Page 11)

Thanks
I would suggest to use a mixture where possible because you are really able to highlight the differences when comparing two countries of different economic backgrounds. I would be more specific but I don't really know, I'm really sorry I couldn't be of much help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (134)
58.77%
No (52)
22.81%
Not sure (42)
18.42%

Watched Threads