AQA English Language & Literature ELLA1 Exam Friday 15th June 2015 Watch

Poll: How did you feel about the ELLA 1 exam?
Aced it (2)
14.29%
Pretty good (5)
35.71%
Went okay (4)
28.57%
Hated it (2)
14.29%
Not sure (1)
7.14%
Nath98
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi all
Anyone else doing ELLA1/ELLA2 this year? The forum seriously lacks in posts for this course!
Anyway, if you are doing the exam next week how is everybody revising? What texts are you doing etc?
I'm doing A Streetcar Named Desire and Property for ELLA1 (All my Sons for ELLA2)

fyi the title is wrong, date should be 15th May
epreston
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi! I am resitting my ELLA1 exam this year, I got a C last year but am wanting to get a B. I am studying 'A Streetcar Named Desire' and 'The History Boys'. Any revision techniques are practically non-existent but I have done some past exam questions, for Streetcar I have done pages on each character and took notes from Sparknotes and Schmoop surround the characters as well as themes and symbolism/motifs in the play (I also linked the themes and motifs to the relative characters.) As far as History Boys I haven't done too much because I am at a loss as to what to do (like I was last year) but i have just done example answers on the play.

Good luck in the exam!
atiyaaloveszaynx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Helloooooo,
I'm resitting too as I got a C and I want a B haha. I'm doing ELLA1 A Streetcar Named Desire and The Kite Runner. Quite nervous for the exam on Friday, but I know where I lost marks last year. Anyone got any predictions for both section A and B?
jtdawg
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by atiyaaloveszaynx)
Helloooooo,
I'm resitting too as I got a C and I want a B haha. I'm doing ELLA1 A Streetcar Named Desire and The Kite Runner. Quite nervous for the exam on Friday, but I know where I lost marks last year. Anyone got any predictions for both section A and B?
b will be based on keller/kate
atiyaaloveszaynx
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jtdawg)
b will be based on keller/kate
Have a feeling you're doing different books to me
Nath98
Rep:
?
Have a feeling you're doing different books to me
I think they are confused with ELLA 2, as they are characters from a book for ELLA 2 called All My Sons.
Anyway, i wish i knew. Seriously scared for the exam on Friday. Only thing i m predicting is that the Production Task in Section B will be a diary/journal as if you look at previous years, one hasn't come up for Streetcar in a while!

Jun 10: Blanche Diary
Jan 11: Stella Letter
Jun 11: Stanley Playscript
Jan 12: Stella Diary
Jun 12: Blanche Letter
Jan 13: Stella and Mitch Playscript
Jun 13: Stanley Playscript
Jun 14: Stella Letter

Since January 2012 to be accurate.
You got any ideas for Section A? :P
atiyaaloveszaynx
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Nath98)
I think they are confused with ELLA 2, as they are characters from a book for ELLA 2 called All My Sons.
Anyway, i wish i knew. Seriously scared for the exam on Friday. Only thing i m predicting is that the Production Task in Section B will be a diary/journal as if you look at previous years, one hasn't come up for Streetcar in a while!

Jun 10: Blanche Diary
Jan 11: Stella Letter
Jun 11: Stanley Playscript
Jan 12: Stella Diary
Jun 12: Blanche Letter
Jan 13: Stella and Mitch Playscript
Jun 13: Stanley Playscript
Jun 14: Stella Letter

Since January 2012 to be accurate.
You got any ideas for Section A? :P
Ahh no wonder, thanks! Yeah I'm absolutely petrified, and I thought a diary might, but i'm going to be analysing streetcar and doing production for Kite Runner, simply because we were taught how to analyse streetcar and our teacher was absent for Kite Runner
For Section A, I doubt Stanley will come up because he has been in a number of times. I'm thinking Stella might come up by herself, or there will be a discussion about a relationship, like between Blanche and Stanley, as Blanche with Stella and Mitch have come up.
romaiseb
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Any other predictions for ELLA1 Section A for Streetcar?
Nath98
Rep:
?
Ahh no wonder, thanks! Yeah I'm absolutely petrified, and I thought a diary might, but i'm going to be analysing streetcar and doing production for Kite Runner, simply because we were taught how to analyse streetcar and our teacher was absent for Kite Runner
For Section A, I doubt Stanley will come up because he has been in a number of times. I'm thinking Stella might come up by herself, or there will be a discussion about a relationship, like between Blanche and Stanley, as Blanche with Stella and Mitch have come up.
Ah i see We've been taught in order to decide which we do for each text so i can decide between Streetcar and Property (my other text) for the questions. I tend to prefer the production task on Streetcar as i find it easier to write as those characters but i guess it just depends on what sort of questions we get.

Literally praying we don't get horrible questions!
atiyaaloveszaynx
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh thats cool, yeah we missed MAJOR analysis on The Kite Runner so we really only know Streetcar in depth, and its easy to analyse.
I hope they are nice ones! I think its the last one from this spec so it should be a nice one or they'll put a new question in, so I have a feeling it will be Stella or something about dramatic techniques. I hope the production is a diary, thats overdue now!
Haha same, I really really hope its a good one and worth resitting for. I hate morning exams
Ah i see We've been taught in order to decide which we do for each text so i can decide between Streetcar and Property (my other text) for the questions. I tend to prefer the production task on Streetcar as i find it easier to write as those characters but i guess it just depends on what sort of questions we get.

Literally praying we don't get horrible questions!
LauraMayden1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey, I am doing ELLA1 this Friday. Is my exam just earlier? because yours says 15th June. I'm doing 'A Streetcar Named Desire' and 'The Kite Runner'. Does anyone have any idea about what question might come up for 'The Kite Runner'? I think I'll do the analysis question for that and the production question for 'A Streetcar Named Desire' (although it just depends on which ones seem easier).
Nath98
Rep:
?
(Original post by LauraMayden1)
Hey, I am doing ELLA1 this Friday. Is my exam just earlier? because yours says 15th June. I'm doing 'A Streetcar Named Desire' and 'The Kite Runner'. Does anyone have any idea about what question might come up for 'The Kite Runner'? I think I'll do the analysis question for that and the production question for 'A Streetcar Named Desire' (although it just depends on which ones seem easier).
Oh my bad, messed up the title :P Yes its supposed to say 15th May (tomorrow :O)
LauraMayden1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh my bad, messed up the title :P Yes its supposed to say 15th May (tomorrow :O)
Ok phew, I thought for a second I had got it wrong lol.
Hai_Ann
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm doing Property and A Streetcar Named Desire too for ELLA1 and All My Sons for ELLA2 as well.

I'm doing Property for the production task and I barely know anything about the book since the writing style seems complex..
Good luck to everyone for tomorrow~
gr8b8m8
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah I'm doing Kite runner for section a and streetcar for B

I don't know anything lol
romaiseb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How did everyone find it?
I did Streetcar for the first section & Purple Hibiscus for the creative task
katiekt
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
did anyone do the jane eyre production task?
ehayward
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by romaiseb)
How did everyone find it?
I did Streetcar for the first section & Purple Hibiscus for the creative task
How did you find the streetcar analytical task? I found it weird that it only focused on one chapter, but it wasn't too bad!
sarahkelly1996
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How did people find the Property analytical question and the production question for The kite Runner??
romaiseb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ehayward)
How did you find the streetcar analytical task? I found it weird that it only focused on one chapter, but it wasn't too bad!
I actually didn't mind the fact that it told us to analyse one scene, it makes it easier and you can go into more detail about that certain scene.
What were some of the points you included about it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (30)
13.1%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
9.17%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
21.83%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (32)
13.97%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (27)
11.79%
How can I be the best version of myself? (69)
30.13%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise