The Student Room Group

iGCSE History 0470/12 - Opinions

Hi
Just wandered if anyone has any opinions or thoughts on tomorrows Paper 1?
What topics do you think are likely to come up?

Cheers

Scroll to see replies

I DO NOT like the COLD WAR. I want treaties, causes ww1 and ww2, and Leaque of Nations to come up. I have a feeling Treaties and Leauge of Nations will come up. What about u?
Reply 2
Original post by Sayeeda101
I DO NOT like the COLD WAR. I want treaties, causes ww1 and ww2, and Leaque of Nations to come up. I have a feeling Treaties and Leauge of Nations will come up. What about u?

We didn't do WW1 causes and I hate cold war too. Hoping for Treaties, League of Nations and maybe USA related cold war like Korea, Vietnam or Cuba. We only have to choose 2 from the first section so hoping for league and peace treaties. Then one from depth study; I did USA.
Reply 3
Original post by dwinnbrown
Hi
Just wandered if anyone has any opinions or thoughts on tomorrows Paper 1?
What topics do you think are likely to come up?

Cheers

No idea just terrified!
Reply 4
Original post by Klintman
No idea just terrified!

Yeah it's gonna be hard but just hoping that what I know and am confident with is the stuff the comes up. If I can completely avoid the Cold War and do the two on peace treaties and the league then I'd be happy.
Our teacher has taught us Cuba but not Korean or Vietnam. So if I get one Treaty or League of Nations question and 2 cold war questions, I'm screwed. So hoping all the others come up as well. Which ones are you most confident on? Also we have a choice between Nazi and Weimar. Are you doing this?
I also want Causes of WW2 to come up, but heard that could be our Paper2.
Reply 7
Hey guys anyone got any notes they can share for Cold War? THANK YOU & GOOD LUCK!
Reply 8
Original post by Sayeeda101
I also want Causes of WW2 to come up, but heard that could be our Paper2.

Yeah my plan was to just leave cold war but then my teacher advised against it incase two come up. I would be most confident with league of nations and peace treaties but wouldn't be too bad if vietnam, korea or cuba came up. Just no USSR cold war stuff like solidarity etc. I will be in trouble if theres two on that.
Guys, is it 100% certain that there will be at least 2 questions in paper 1 about:
-Treaty of Versailles
-League of Nations
-Collapse of international peace (Hitler's foreign policy etc.)

I know Hitler's foreign policy is the basis for paper 2 so it's unlikely to come up

but this is all we've covered in class (excluding our depth study of the USA)

am I going to have enough questions to answer?
Reply 10
Original post by BEARichards
Guys, is it 100% certain that there will be at least 2 questions in paper 1 about:
-Treaty of Versailles
-League of Nations

I know Hitler's foreign policy is the basis for paper 2 so it's unlikely to come up

It is not 100% certain that any of your topics could come up - CIE can choose ANY 4 of the 8 topics from the Core Content to put on the exam.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 11
-Treaty of Versailles
-League of Nations

You should but I'm basically in there with you. Whilst I've done a bit on the cold war, i'm really bad at all the dates on it etc.
Original post by reppina
It is not 100% certain that any of your topics could come up - CIE can choose ANY 4 of the 8 topics from the Core Specification to put on the exam.

Best keep my fingers crossed then because the only things our school have 100% covered are the League, the Treaty and the USA with a bit of revision for Paper 2 (Road to WW2) because there's a slight possibility it could come up on paper 1 too?

I'm so panicked ahhh
Reply 13
Original post by reppina
It is not 100% certain that any of your topics could come up - CIE can choose ANY 4 of the 8 topics from the Core Specification to put on the exam.

which 8 would those be?
Reply 14
Best keep my fingers crossed then because the only things our school have 100% covered are the League, the Treaty and the USA with a bit of revision for Paper 2 (Road to WW2) because there's a slight possibility it could come up on paper 1 too?

I'm so panicked ahhh

You should be fine - most likely Treaties and League will come up.
Original post by reppina
You should be fine - most likely Treaties and League will come up.

Thank God! I know them both pretty much back to front now. But either of them don't come up, I'm pretty much 100% screwed :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 16
Thank God! I know them both pretty much back to front now. But either of them don't come up, I'm pretty much 100% screwed :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Haha don't worry nothing you can do about it now!
Reply 17
The Treaties and League of Nations have a high likelihood of coming.
Reply 18
Original post by Chidima
The Treaties and League of Nations have a high likelihood of coming.

Good. I hope they do!!!
We've studied League of Nations, Peace Treaties, Cold War, Korea Cuba Vietnam for international relations and Russia for our depth study. I really hope Peace Treaties and the Cold War comes up for IR and the Tsar comes up for Russia- that'd literally be amazing

Quick Reply

Latest