geography B OCR 2015 Watch

barbaras99
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey guys, my Geography exams are pretty much around the corner and I'm feeling the pressure. I really want to do geography at A level but I'm seriously having second thoughts because I'm struggling with the SDME papers and coming out with lower grades than I would have liked in order to carry it on at college. This year it's on economic development and we just had our last geography lesson on Friday before the exam and have only gotten through half of the economic development topic.

I was wondering if anyone has any tips or predictions on the SDME this year. I know this isn't a good way to go about it but I'm starting to panic and focusing my revision on particular topics would help thanks in advance
username1356366
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by barbaras99)
Hey guys, my Geography exams are pretty much around the corner and I'm feeling the pressure. I really want to do geography at A level but I'm seriously having second thoughts because I'm struggling with the SDME papers and coming out with lower grades than I would have liked in order to carry it on at college. This year it's on economic development and we just had our last geography lesson on Friday before the exam and have only gotten through half of the economic development topic.

I was wondering if anyone has any tips or predictions on the SDME this year. I know this isn't a good way to go about it but I'm starting to panic and focusing my revision on particular topics would help thanks in advance
Same here, hi! I struggled with the SDMEs for a long time, they kept lowering my average grade from an A* to a C/D. The format changed last year so we've only got the 2014 one to work on for structure, and the 2010 one for Economic development.

I would just clearly label out each bullet point as you write it, and keep it as simple as you can, developing points (Level 1, 2 and 3)

Level 1 (Point) : They use 5 litres of water
Level 2 (Developed) ; They use 5 litres of water, and the waste is contaminating the water system

Level 3 (Consequence for people affected) : They use 5 litres of water, and the waste is contaminating the water system, showing they don't care about the people.

Hope this helps,

Mo
username1356366
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Also, I think it will be more focused on Aid, since there hasn't been a single SDME on it yet.
Marcelly123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's so annoying that every other year before us gets the resource booklet two weeks before the exam! Having that would really help my nerves, I wish they hadn't changed it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.51%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.81%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (137)
17.02%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.16%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.81%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.68%

Watched Threads