Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    You all ready? i certainly am. I did a mock and got 1 mark off an A
    If you want any help in biology, please ask me

ReputationRep:
    I'm good in everything except for the dreaded topic with Quadrats and Transects

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    oh good, i am not the only one! Technically it is easy but is is one of those things that is easy to screw up at the same time

ReputationRep:
    on the 12th i have biology unit 2 and unit 3 and i have a french listening and writing

ReputationRep:
    I've just got my unit 2 on the 12th and the french. Don't even care about the french tbh, i have an A* in russian, so well ahead :P

ReputationRep:
    have you all prepared? it is in 2 days :devil:

ReputationRep:
    Just seen this thread and thought I would help anybody who is worried/stressed about any of the topics in the paper. This site is great and I got an A* in my biology unit 2 exam so it is definitely worth checking out. They are fun videos too and easy to pick up on/learn from. I learned a full years worth of science in about 2 weeks using this site xD The site even comes with a little checklist if you want to check you have revised every subject Make the most of it, revise as much as possible!

http://www.my-gcsescience.com/additi...ience/biology/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    me too, just hope it doesn't come up as a 6 marker, don't think it will though, it's already come up a couple of years ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatalieBlundell)
    Just seen this thread and thought I would help anybody who is worried/stressed about any of the topics in the paper. This site is great and I got an A* in my biology unit 2 exam so it is definitely worth checking out. They are fun videos too and easy to pick up on/learn from. I learned a full years worth of science in about 2 weeks using this site xD The site even comes with a little checklist if you want to check you have revised every subject Make the most of it, revise as much as possible!

http://www.my-gcsescience.com/additi...ience/biology/
    Hi, I have access to this site too, just wondering how did you approach to this resource? Did you just binge watch it or did you take notes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randyortonrko)
    Hi, I have access to this site too, just wondering how did you approach to this resource? Did you just binge watch it or did you take notes?
    I binge watched the videos and made notes whilst watching. I would pause the video and draw out the diagrams the man did and make any notes I felt I needed to know. It all depends on your way of learning though. Some people can watch stuff and it simply sink in. I need to write stuff down though.

Although I didn't get to watch through all of the videos in time so I just printed out some of his slideshow/video pages and made notes from the diagrams he made. Still something worth doing if you're pressed for time. My best results were all in science and all thanks to this site

Use it as much as you can and make notes or posters/mind maps etc. Do whatever helps you learn the most and good luck

ReputationRep:
    I binge watched the videos and made notes whilst watching. I would pause the video and draw out the diagrams the man did and make any notes I felt I needed to know. It all depends on your way of learning though. Some people can watch stuff and it simply sink in. I need to write stuff down though.

Although I didn't get to watch through all of the videos in time so I just printed out some of his slideshow/video pages and made notes from the diagrams he made. Still something worth doing if you're pressed for time. My best results were all in science and all thanks to this site

Use it as much as you can and make notes or posters/mind maps etc. Do whatever helps you learn the most and good luck
    I've just watched the whole of B2 today and my gosh it took forever.. When you say binge watch do you mean you watched sections all in one day or..? I still have C2 and C3 to watch and have not started since I'm doing Bio today. I'm starting to feel the stress now Idk what's the best way to watch the chem vids.

Was doing some B3 papers and the questions are just so difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherx)
    I've just watched the whole of B2 today and my gosh it took forever.. When you say binge watch do you mean you watched sections all in one day or..? I still have C2 and C3 to watch and have not started since I'm doing Bio today. I'm starting to feel the stress now Idk what's the best way to watch the chem vids.

Was doing some B3 papers and the questions are just so difficult.
    I would dedicate a full weekend to getting through a full unit like B2 or B3. It is exhausting I know but well worth it. If you are struggling to keep focus or they aren't helping. Go through a paper like you have, see what sections you cannot answer then watch those videos and take notes from them.

For my physics exams I left no time to watch all of the videos and revise (my bad hahah) but I solved this issue by just watching the videos on subjects I had no idea about. Just do what you think is best. More often than not you will surprised with the result you get. You probably will do really well! AQA science exams are really kind for marking and so long as you learn the correct content you can do really well on them too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerzxcv1234569)
    on the 12th i have biology unit 2 and unit 3 and i have a french listening and writing
    Same you are not alone. Both AQA?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would dedicate a full weekend to getting through a full unit like B2 or B3. It is exhausting I know but well worth it. If you are struggling to keep focus or they aren't helping. Go through a paper like you have, see what sections you cannot answer then watch those videos and take notes from them.

For my physics exams I left no time to watch all of the videos and revise (my bad hahah) but I solved this issue by just watching the videos on subjects I had no idea about. Just do what you think is best. More often than not you will surprised with the result you get. You probably will do really well! AQA science exams are really kind for marking and so long as you learn the correct content you can do really well on them too
    I had 4 days off so I was planning on spending two days on Bio and the next two days on Chemistry. Since they're both next week (Bio is Tuesday and Chem is Thursday) I won't be able to spend a weekend on chemistry. And I've done no revision for Chemistry so I think I might just end up trying to revise a lot for it the next couple of day. Would you recommend me just focusing on Chemistry for this week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherx)
    I had 4 days off so I was planning on spending two days on Bio and the next two days on Chemistry. Since they're both next week (Bio is Tuesday and Chem is Thursday) I won't be able to spend a weekend on chemistry. And I've done no revision for Chemistry so I think I might just end up trying to revise a lot for it the next couple of day. Would you recommend me just focusing on Chemistry for this week?
    Yes definitely focus on chemistry whilst you still have the energy! It's sometimes better to do a bit of revision for both than tons for one and none for the other. I hope they go okay though, I am sure you will do well

ReputationRep:
    You do know that its £15 to get access to these videos right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rajeevan)
    You do know that its £15 to get access to these videos right
    The mygcsescience ones?! are you kidding me? He's started charging for them?!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The mygcsescience ones?! are you kidding me? He's started charging for them?!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hah yeah

ReputationRep:

I'm doing this with P2.
    I have the exam on 20th May, and I haven't started revising.

I'm going to dedicate 15th and 16th May on watching the videos and taking notes. Then spend the remaining three days memorising the notes.
    Luckily, I have no other exam that week till June, so I can dedicate all that time to Physics.

I'm really bad at P2.

What do you do after you make notes from the videos?
    Do you memorize them?

If so when, after each video or after you've finished everything?

ReputationRep:
    Predictions on the 6 marker? Maybe Enzymes

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 26, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.