AS C2 Bearings

Watch this thread
danbomb123
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/78547-q...hematics-2.pdf

I'm stuck on q4iii, I have no idea on finding the shortest path. I have tried splitting the triangle at point C so there is a right angle triangle and working it out from there. I have looked at the mark scheme and I have no idea how they got d=2*sin40
midgemeister7
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by danbomb123)
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/78547-q...hematics-2.pdf

I'm stuck on q4iii, I have no idea on finding the shortest path. I have tried splitting the triangle at point C so there is a right angle triangle and working it out from there. I have looked at the mark scheme and I have no idea how they got d=2*sin40
Draw a straight line from C to the line AB. Now you have a new right angled triangle, with longest side 2km. Sin = opp/hyp so the length is 2 (hyp) multiplied by sin40
danbomb123
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by midgemeister7)
Draw a straight line from C to the line AB. Now you have a new right angled triangle, with longest side 2km. Sin = opp/hyp so the length is 2 (hyp) multiplied by sin40
so, sin40=opp/2
therefore 2*sin40=opp?
midgemeister7
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by danbomb123)
so, sin40=opp/2
therefore 2*sin40=opp?
Yep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (155)
41.67%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.55%
No (148)
39.78%

Watched Threads