The Student Room Group

WJEC Biology AS GCE By1, By2

Since i came looking for a thread on gce/AS biology BY1 and BY2 WJEC and found nothing, i decided to open one. Any guesses on Essays?
Original post by ItzMankit
Since i came looking for a thread on gce/AS biology BY1 and BY2 WJEC and found nothing, i decided to open one. Any guesses on Essays?

No I haven't got any ideas at the moment. Have you?
How long does it take you/how many hours to learn the material for BY1wjec, not including any fully timed past papers. I'm currently revising for my English exams and I'm not sure if I have enough time to properly revise for biology. Please let me know how long it took you, I would really appreciate it.
Reply 3
Callum i have no idea but hopefully it is enzymes or protein related.

Aleena To actually learn the material you looking at probably 3 days with 1 day of practice papers. By1 is more straightforward than By2. If you have very little time is probaly easier to read the WJEC AS Biolgoy book by Gareth Newman and do some essay practice
Reply 4
Original post by ItzMankit
Callum i have no idea but hopefully it is enzymes or protein related.

Aleena To actually learn the material you looking at probably 3 days with 1 day of practice papers. By1 is more straightforward than By2. If you have very little time is probaly easier to read the WJEC AS Biolgoy book by Gareth Newman and do some essay practice

I agree by1 is much more simple than by2, plus you could watch youtube videos as sometimes they do help
A water essay hasn't come up in a while and they seem to like those ...
Reply 6
Thanks Lauren :smile:
Everyone ready for the exam ?? :redface:
water would be good, easy to remember not sure what else would be due, maybe they'd throw in a new 10 marker there are a few topics that they could do this for
So what do people thing of the exam? ...
Reply 10
Original post by Heather_lauren
So what do people thing of the exam? ...

It was okay, the protein question was a bit weird though, Essay B was definitely weird. Also apparently the mitosis question was based off a plant and not animal??? I know plants have no centrioles so not sure?? I need Confirmation
It was a weird paper. It really dissapointed me. Most of the questions were not knowledge based and some of it was not in our specification or in the WJEC book. I completely ruined my 10 marker they were not the best. I hope BY2 is much better and get at least a C overall. Most of it was application. They could have made such a better paper.
(edited 8 years ago)
I agree, most of the paper were application and that really let me down I think. Thank God the essay question went okay though.
With the application questions, it took me about 10 mins just to fully understand what they wanted, could of worded it better I think
Which 10 marker did you choose? That paper has left me stumped for BY2 as I was more confident for BY1, hopefully BY2 paper is easier and I get a C or higher overall. I might of got some marks on the 10 market but not many, that paper could have gone so much better if it was more knowledge and less application.
I agree, it was not like any of the past papers at all. I did the prokaryote and eukaryotes essay which was the only thing I felt fully confident on in the paper.
sick bro

Quick Reply

Latest