The Student Room Group

What do you think the 6 markers for bio, chemistry or physics OCR 21st century are?

Hey guys ,
what do you think the 6 marker will be for the 2015 OCR 21 St century sciences will be ?
any heads up?

thanks
Reply 1
I would imagine on the B1-3 paper there will be one on genetic testing and its moral implications. My teacher thinks there will be a 6 mark question on Solar Eclipses in P7.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
For b1 the 6 markers could be on genetic testing or the 2 types of stem cells or the ways in which clones can be produced naturally in animals and plants and artificially in animals and plants

For b2 the 6 markers could be on how vaccinations work, the structure of veins, arteries and capillaries or negative feedback

For b3 the 6 markers could be on living and non living indicators, or the nitrogen cycle or the carbon cycle..

Who's ready for the b123 test on Tuesday??
Thank you
I'm just need to go over the nitrogen and carbon cycle.
But I must say I am looking forward to this exam.
Reply 4
Original post by Pink_bubblegum
Thank you
I'm just need to go over the nitrogen and carbon cycle.
But I must say I am looking forward to this exam.

what do you think will come up as the 6 marker for the c123 and p123 test?
For C1 is could be about a graph on sulphur levels or something , mainly the six markers in chemistry would be based around graphs or have to evaluate conclusions.

Physics : I have no idea, but my wide guess is that for p2 is that it could be about microwaves, so how they work and how they cook food.

Sorry I not really sure but these are my guess
Hope it helps. And good luck with bio on Tuesday and chemistry on Thursday
Reply 6
Good luck to you too! :smile:
I've looked at the papers from the past 3 years and found a pattern, they switch form genetic testing to another topic each year. Last year the 6 marker was on genetic testing, so this year expect it to be on stem cells or cloning!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Littleonezz
I've looked at the papers from the past 3 years and found a pattern, they switch form genetic testing to another topic each year. Last year the 6 marker was on genetic testing, so this year expect it to be on stem cells or cloning!

Posted from TSR Mobile

how do you have access to the 2014 papers???
I did them in January for my mocks

Posted from TSR Mobile
And we were allowed to take them home

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Littleonezz
And we were allowed to take them home

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is there any way you could take pictures and send them to me?? I've been looking everywhere for them..
If it's too much work for you then it's fine :smile:
The p1-p3 exam was relatively difficult last year!
Reply 13
Every past paper I've done has had a 6 mark question about 'the implications of genetic testing' on adults, children and foetuses, just worded slightly differently each time. It will probably come up this year, but it's not too difficult to answer. Just remember to address: risk of miscarriage, abortion, religious/moral beliefs, genetic/stress counselling, adoption, starting a family given the genetic disorder etc etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending