blondebiscuit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
My as oral resit is next week on Thursday and I was wondering if anyone had any notes?

also I'm unsure which topic to choose my prepared answers from? Which one is hardest?
Exephy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey, I have a few notes that I used. I found the grid type thing less useful but hey use it as you like =)
I'm missing notes on Healthy Living/Lifestyle and Family/Relationships (along with pop culture) so I used those as my nominated topic and card choices
Attached files
ashbawa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
These notes are really helpful. My AS oral exam is tomorrow so I hope it goes well. I will post a comment on here tomorrow and let you know how it went. Good luck for yours
tomfresen
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by blondebiscuit)
My as oral resit is next week on Thursday and I was wondering if anyone had any notes?

also I'm unsure which topic to choose my prepared answers from? Which one is hardest?
If you do AQA, the stimulus cards are all fairly nice and of those pick you worst prepared broad topic, and some good advice from my teacher, use fillers and hesitate so things like ja, was noch, ich ueberlege mir (I'm thinking) even ask them to repeat in German of course; the conversation is supposed to sound natural but if you've prepared you should be more than fine! And list as many wider issues as you can pre exam on the topics you are hoping for a stimulus card on, it helps
blondebiscuit
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by ashbawa)
These notes are really helpful. My AS oral exam is tomorrow so I hope it goes well. I will post a comment on here tomorrow and let you know how it went. Good luck for yours
Ahh lovely let me know tomorrow!

How did you prepare for it?
ashbawa
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sorry about the late reply, it went really well I think. Trust me, the time flies past. It literally felt like 5 minutes. What I did to prepare was I made for and against arguments for each sub topic so at least I had a few points in my head to elaborate on. I tried to memorise points. I did bon copains for my nominated topic as I didnt feel comfortable answering follow up questions on family and relationships. The only thing I would say is to prepare answers for all subtopics as I feel that I didnt prepare well enough for media, but in the exam I was able to think for a few seconds using a stalling phrases e.g. eh bien, c'est une question epineuse pour moi, franchment etc. It sound more conversational and spontaneous which is what examiners are looking for. Also what i did to practice was i recorded myself and played it back to see if i struggled on pronunciation or fluency, i did this a couple of times before my exam. Hope it goes well, i would love to know how it goes. Remember just to relax, youll do great!!!
ashbawa
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
:o::rolleyes::cool::^_^::awesome::biggrin::blush::clap2::flutter:
ashbawa
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Good luck!
ashbawa
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Also if you have prepared your own sentences and are not sure if they are grammatically correct, there is an awesome website
http://www.reverso.net/spell-checker...lling-grammar/
it checks grammar and verbs and also tells you why it has made changes if any. Hope it is useful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's worrying you most about starting back at school/college this year?

The potential for Covid to keep disrupting things (109)
14.53%
My mental health (110)
14.67%
Feeling behind academically (142)
18.93%
Making friends/social anxiety (135)
18%
How to organise myself (25)
3.33%
How to revise/study effectively (89)
11.87%
Future career, uni, pathway planning and applications (125)
16.67%
Something else - let us know in the thread (15)
2%

Watched Threads