Tourism Management at Surrey!

Watch this thread
TomSandy888
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi! Surrey is my firm choice and I am predicted to get AAC at A level overall and the required grade boundary for this course is AAB. Just wondered what others applying for this course are predicted at A level and any thoughts/queries they have about Tourism Management. I just wanted to know if there is any flexibility on grade boundaries for the course. Thanks
Flight_97
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TomSandy888)
Hi! Surrey is my firm choice and I am predicted to get AAC at A level overall and the required grade boundary for this course is AAB. Just wondered what others applying for this course are predicted at A level and any thoughts/queries they have about Tourism Management. I just wanted to know if there is any flexibility on grade boundaries for the course. Thanks
Hey, I've just seen your post on the other forum page. I do BTEC Tourism and am predicted D*D*D* overall! I'm sure that since you have an offer from Surrey they should accept you with AAC! Have you applied for accommodation?
TomSandy888
Rep:
Yeah hope fully! I really fell in love with surrey uni! BTW I am from Leicester so it's a bit of a long way from surrey but my second choice, Sheffield Hallam is not my preferred choice! I applied for Band D as my first and Band C as my second in accommodation. I them both at the open day and band D r by far better! I wouldn't want a shared shower/toilet if I was ill or hungover lol
Flight_97
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Yeah hope fully! I really fell in love with surrey uni! BTW I am from Leicester so it's a bit of a long way from surrey but my second choice, Sheffield Hallam is not my preferred choice! I applied for Band D as my first and Band C as my second in accommodation. I them both at the open day and band D r by far better! I wouldn't want a shared shower/toilet if I was ill or hungover lol
Thats cool I have family that live near Leicester. I'm from West Sussex, only like an hour away from Surrey and my second choice is Southampton Solent! I also applied for Band D as my first choice and Band C as my second...I really don't fancy a shared toilet either haha!!
TomSandy888
Rep:
Ohh where abouts near leicester? How did u find the open day?
Flight_97
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Ohh where abouts near leicester? How did u find the open day?
Oh blimey now your testing me XD, I'm not entirely sure since they just moved house but it's somewhere between Leicester, Nottingham and Derby :hmmmm:! I haven't been to see Uni of Surrey... I applied quite late and everything was quite last minute, but from what I've heard I'm sure its great! Another person on my course at college is also coming to study International Tourism Management at Surrey...she hasn't been to see the place yet either lol!!
TomSandy888
Rep:
Oh right haha! someone in my class is doing same course at Brighton uni but it's based in East Bourne so that's why I chose Surrey as eastbourne looks boring and surrey is the best in UK for the course!
Flight_97
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Oh right haha! someone in my class is doing same course at Brighton uni but it's based in East Bourne so that's why I chose Surrey as eastbourne looks boring and surrey is the best in UK for the course!
I was so close to applying there, but I didn't like the fact it was in Eastbourne as it wasn't the most practical place to get to/from etc. Out of all 5 offers...Surrey just seemed to be the one that I liked the most and also because it is one of the best!! Are you doing the placement year?
TomSandy888
Rep:
sorry for such a long time to reply, been revising like crazy! Yes I am doing a placement year, I think it is the 3rd year of my 4 year course. Hopefully a placement at Heathrow or Gatwick would be fab as thats what I want to do, always wanted to work in the airport sector.
Flight_97
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
sorry for such a long time to reply, been revising like crazy! Yes I am doing a placement year, I think it is the 3rd year of my 4 year course. Hopefully a placement at Heathrow or Gatwick would be fab as thats what I want to do, always wanted to work in the airport sector.
That's great! I wouldn't mind an airline myself always been really into aircraft!! Would be nice to get someone like Virgin!!
Ivandelsur
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Hi, did you finished you degree? was it worth it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (31)
18.9%
The paper was reasonable (67)
40.85%
Not feeling great about that exam... (32)
19.51%
It was TERRIBLE (34)
20.73%

Watched Threads