Top 3 Places to visit?

Watch
Cov Uni
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
What are your top 3 places to visit before you die? Here's some of ours...

If you’re just about to finish your exams, it’s nearly time to make the biggest decision yet - where to go and spend your summer! Hint: There’s more to see than Thailand!

First take a minute to discuss how going to Thailand with all your mates would be a fantastic idea…finished? Yes, Thailand is beautiful and interesting but there's plenty of other places in the world you know! Like the 3 absolutely gorgeous places we’ve compiled for you in this nice little list below. They are all great places to relax and chill out after the panic of exam season, and they’d give the people at the Thailand tourist help desk a rest from all of you pesky students!

1. Plitvice Lakes National Park – Croatia

Name:  Plitvice-Lakes-Croatia-600x400.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  117.6 KB

Newsflash: Croatia isn't just about Outlook festival. I know this comes as a surprise, but this place is absolutely gorgeous and more people need to appreciate it. The beautiful sights will soon cure any hangover, and you’ll come home with memories to treasure, rather then a fuzzy head and a lost weekend .

2. Leshan Giant Buddha – China

Name:  Leshan-Giant-Buddha-China-594x400.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  118.1 KB

I know what you’re thinking; why would you ever want to build a Buddha that big, especially out of stone? Well to be honest, there’s no logical explanation for it apart from the fact it looks absolutely mint (and of course we’re all hoping it talks at some point!).

3. The Dark hedges – Northern Ireland

Name:  The-Dark-Hedges-Northern-Ireland-600x400.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  99.5 KB

These ridiculously-Harry-Potter-looking trees are actually the genius idea of the Stuart Family who planted them in the eighteenth century. Originally designed to be a welcoming entrance for their visitors, 200 years later they carry a much sinister name. ‘The Dark Hedges‘ even sounds like something out of the Forbidden Forest doesn’t it? All we know is they look pretty awesome and rather menacing too, so approach with caution…Harry!
Sir Fox
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No way I could narrow it down to just three places - there are so many stunning places to see. But if you insist, out of the ones I've been to I'd say (in no particular order):

1. Iceland (any place)
2. Granada, Spain (Alhambra)
3. Daintree Rainforest, Queensland, Australia
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If i had to narrow it down, id visit:
1) Brazil
2) Tanzania
3) Peru
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
1. Back to Iceland again to see more than just Reykjavik
2. Norway
3. Greenland

I pretty much only want to visit Scandinavian countries don't fancy going to warmer countries as I hate the heat

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interzone Agent
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Too many to name, but main three would be.

1. Big Sur, California - this area looks absolutely incredible, plus it has a reputation for being something of a haven for artists.
2. Tangier, Morocco - I'll be heading there this summer, but I've considered living there before. The city is an incredible mix of European and Islamic cultures, plus it has big significance for me because William S. Burroughs (one of my favourite authors) spent a good amount of time there.
3. China - I can't really narrow it down, everytime I try I think like "I'd love to go to Beijing", but then another part of my mind reminds me about Hong Kong and Shanghai, and a fair few other cities. I think visiting somewhere with such a different culture to Europe would be a real experience.
bethy143
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've written a blog post about all my must see places before I die! Hope you enjoy https://adventuringwithlove.wordpres...-before-i-die/
adrianlopez
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Personally, VIetnam, Thailand and Cambodia which the cheap price and wonderful place to see. You can read more about the an amazing places in Vietnam Tour Booking
RickmanAlways
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ireland
France
Anywhere in Britain
theunitedGOAT
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sheffield,
Doncaster and
Barnsley
jamesthehustler
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
oh 3 places that surprising not ot hard for me
i'd have to say dubai for the gold souk and jewellery trade
southern california, i plan to live there for a year in 2019 and want to own some property there as well
new york for the diamond markets
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (10)
13.89%
I need help researching courses (5)
6.94%
I need help with filling out the application form (4)
5.56%
I need help with my personal statement (30)
41.67%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (18)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.78%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
4.17%

Watched Threads