The Student Room Group

Applying to University at 20

I failed my first A2 levels due to problems that arose within my personal life along with some fairly bad exam anxiety. I am currently studying a BTEC course equivalent to 3 A-levels and will be done by the time I'm 20, my main concern is applying to university at 20, how many problems will I have and what can I do to prevent them?
i'll be 21 when i finish college. as far as i know, it's completely fine. people start uni at all ages. my sister went at 24.
Original post by Zxlinkxz
I failed my first A2 levels due to problems that arose within my personal life along with some fairly bad exam anxiety. I am currently studying a BTEC course equivalent to 3 A-levels and will be done by the time I'm 20, my main concern is applying to university at 20, how many problems will I have and what can I do to prevent them?

I was so close to doing this, but I opted to retake a2 privately. I'll be 19 by the time I go to uni. I don't see a problem with what you're doing, there will be plenty of mature students at uni a lot older than you. I don't think 20 even qualifies for mature and it's only 2 years older than the youngest..1 year older than people who took a gap year. You'll be fine:smile:
I m starting a second uni course at 20 but really not worried about the age thing (although my course is mostly going to be mature students)
I will be going to university a year later than everyone else at 19 nearly 20 (thats a scary thought) but I can't see it being much of a problem I mean its only a few years difference and as long as you don't let it bother you I can't see why it should bother anyone else. I look at it as university is what you make of it, so don't (or try not to)worry about the little things and just enjoy and make the most of your time at uni :smile:

Hope this helps in anyway :smile:
Reply 5
I wasted two years of my life in an italian high school where I never actually studied and ended up failing twice. I had to do IGCSEs and now I'll be doing a levels when people of my age will be probably starting uni this September. But it's okay. Age doesn't matter tbh and you'll be 23 by the time you finish university and that's considered pretty normal around the world. xx

Quick Reply

Latest