IGCSE Physics Paper 6 question.

Watch this thread
Interdasting333
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I just has a query about the last question on the Paper 6 IGCSE Physics paper as I am unsure where to find the value of T = 2.0 on the graph . Did you have to intercept the Y axis at 2? Or am I wrong.
dwinnbrown
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
i got something like 0.49 as my answer though some of my friends said that the graph was t (squared) and ended up with 1.0 or something...
Perol
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
At 4 because it was T squared plotted against l - but dont worry i was confused as well!!
Interdasting333
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Perol)
At 4 because it was T squared plotted against l - but dont worry i was confused as well!!
I assume you will get 2/3 marks for showing working seeing as most mark schemes tend to give more credit for working than actual answer
Perol
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Interdasting333)
I assume you will get 2/3 marks for showing working seeing as most mark schemes tend to give more credit for working than actual answer
Yes i realised in the last minute and my working line was wavy i put 0.9 but i believe the answer was 0.99 so i should get 2/3 - do you know approximate grade boundaries for an a in this paper (the highest grade u can get per paper) ?
username1922189
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Interdasting333)
I just has a query about the last question on the Paper 6 IGCSE Physics paper as I am unsure where to find the value of T = 2.0 on the graph . Did you have to intercept the Y axis at 2? Or am I wrong.

Ur wrong... Its Tsquared... Its at 4 and its 0.95-099
username1922189
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
So i got the voltage wrong for some reason... It asked you to then find the resistance, then to find the ratio... As my voltage was wrong so was my resistance and ratio but would i get carry on marks as i showed the correct working
Perol
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by RiccardoRocco)
So i got the voltage wrong for some reason... It asked you to then find the resistance, then to find the ratio... As my voltage was wrong so was my resistance and ratio but would i get carry on marks as i showed the correct working
Were u meant to give that answer as a retio - and you would have got error carried forewards marks
dwinnbrown
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Perol)
Were u meant to give that answer as a retio - and you would have got error carried forewards marks
what was the question again
Perol
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dwinnbrown)
what was the question again
something like give a ratio of ps/pt (different letters)
dwinnbrown
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Perol)
something like give a ratio of ps/pt (different letters)
oh i think i divided ps by pt.

Doesn't look like it went that great after all....
dwinnbrown
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
that said it's still all to play for. atp has the lowest weighting and while its the easiest theres nothing to say the others will be impossible...
johnbennett
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Guys for the question on the first page... i just found out that x=1.4 and y=2.6. I did it 1.9 and 2.1 cm. And so i used these values for the rest of the question. I could have sworn i measured them correctly. Anyway please tell me that i can get any error carried forward marks for that question. it was worth around 7 marks.
username1922189
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Perol)
So
as i showed the correct workings do i not lose the 2 final marks out lf 3?
Perol
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
So
as i showed the correct workings do i not lose the 2 final marks out lf 3?
ecf most likely
Perol
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Perol)
ecf most likely
any way no point thinking about it now - just work really hard for mc and ext theory
username1922189
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Perol)
ecf most likely
So i only lose the first mark
Perol
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
So i only lose the first mark
for the wrong measurements you lose a mark each (however there is a range of measurements that they except)
johnbennett
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
So how many marks do i lose for incorrect measurements for x and y. I did the rest of the question correctly but with the incorrect measurements. The whole question was worth 7 marks?
username1922189
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by johnbennett)
So how many marks do i lose for incorrect measurements for x and y. I did the rest of the question correctly but with the incorrect measurements. The whole question was worth 7 marks?
Ye i got the voltage wrong of the reading so my ration and resistance was wrong but we probs get a carry onerror if you showed your correct working and so you dont lose as many marks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
17.24%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
10.34%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
13.79%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
10.34%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
24.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
24.14%

Watched Threads