CIE iGCSE Biology

Anyone doing the alt. to practical tomorrow? :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Yeah:frown:
Yeah make sure you learn respiration and food tests
Original post by angelljames135
Yeah make sure you learn respiration and food tests

yep i got it too.

respiration tests? like co2 turns limewater milky?

Anything else likely to come up thats worth nailing?
theyre more chemistry but theres also like how to prepare a leaf for testing
theyre more chemistry but theres also like how to prepare a leaf for testing

so what would you suggest for chemical tests?
sorry respiration tests ^
Original post by dwinnbrown
sorry respiration tests ^

sorry misread i think the limewater milky will do

just remembered they always like to throw a respiration test with soda lime. Something i didnt know is that the more oxygen present, the more alkali. So if the question were to have a plant and an animal in seperate test tubes and it asks which are acid or alkali always say the plant test tube has alkali gas and the animal acid. CO2 is acidic
sorry misread i think the limewater milky will do

just remembered they always like to throw a respiration test with soda lime. Something i didnt know is that the more oxygen present, the more alkali. So if the question were to have a plant and an animal in seperate test tubes and it asks which are acid or alkali always say the plant test tube has alkali gas and the animal acid. CO2 is acidic

ok cool cheers :smile:
IMG_6491[1].jpg

Hope this helps everyone (my teacher's the best) sorry this is really last minute
Original post by amalick1029
IMG_6491[1].jpg

Hope this helps everyone (my teacher's the best) sorry this is really last minute

wow thats great. I've got a few hours revision session tomorrow morning so will use it then!
Reply 11
Original post by amalick1029
IMG_6491[1].jpg

Awesome thanks! Yeah, luckily it's an afternoon one. Also transpiration sometimes comes up, then the old easy stuff - drawing, labelling, graphs, etc
Original post by Katie.F
Awesome thanks! Yeah, luckily it's an afternoon one. Also transpiration sometimes comes up, then the old easy stuff - drawing, labelling, graphs, etc

what kind of stuff on transpiration? like rate of water loss?
here is that typed if you want to print it:
here is that typed if you want to print it:

That's great! thanks
Anyone else got any advice?
Thank you guys, so helpful! I've got a clash with this and IGCSE French, so I'm really scared!
Original post by Morganblue68
Thank you guys, so helpful! I've got a clash with this and IGCSE French, so I'm really scared!

aww french is my best subject so kinda looking forward to that one. my french isn't for a while though...
aww french is my best subject so kinda looking forward to that one. my french isn't for a while though...

Same - French is one of my best, but Biology alt to prac isn't :\
Reply 19
what kind of stuff on transpiration? like rate of water loss?

Yeah, I've seen it on a couple past papers. Quite simple, but just a little side not :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest