Turn on thread page Beta

So what is your favourite quote, it can be made up or heard from anywhere...... this is just for fun

Mine is: "Good cannot exist without bad"

ReputationRep:
    "Love is like pi - natural, irrational, and very important." ~Lisa Hoffman

'Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted all else follows' ~ George Orwell, 1984

"All animals are born equal, but some animals are born more equal than others" - Geogre Orwell

"Ever tried, Ever Failed, No Matter, Try Again, Fail Again....Fail Better" - Samuel Beckett

ReputationRep:
    "I Like My Sex, the way I like my Basketball..... One on One, with as much Dribbling as Possible".... it was out of a film somewhere, can't remember which

" the harder i work, the luckier i become"

ReputationRep:
    "In nature, there's no blemish but the mind: None can be call'd deform'd but the unkind." - Will Shakesphere

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions,and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

ReputationRep:
    "Putting education first" ~ George W. Bush Election Campaign website - third on a list of governmental policies.

ReputationRep:
    Listed below are some of my personal faviourite quotes. I haven't written who I have quoted them from, as most of them are from memory and I can't remember everything.
    Something fun you can do is see how many of the following quotes you can use in one conversation (it doesn't matter if the subject matter isn't relevant).

"That which does not kill me can only make me stronger"

"I never think of the future - it arrives soon enough."

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad!"

"Be nice to people on the way up, because you meet them again on the way down."

"To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance."

"Maybe this world is another world's hell."

"When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."

"I think therefore I am."

"Knowledge is power."

"If stupidity got me into this mess, then why can't it get me out?"

"Victory goes to the player who makes the next to last mistake."

"I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that its not to enjoy ourselves."

"I shall not waste my days by trying to prolong them."

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."

"All are lunatics, but those who can analyse their delusion are called philosophers."

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."

"If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?"

"God is too fond of a joke."

"Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate."

"When choosing between two evils, I always go with the one I've never tried before."

"Nothing is wrong with Calafornia that a rise in the ocean level wouldn't cure."

"I never let schooling interfere with my education."

"The best way to predict the future is to cause it."

"The average person thinks he isn't."

"After I die, I'd rather people ask why I have no monument than why I do have one."

"Women was God's second mistake."

"Hell is other people."

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other ******* die for his."

"When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."

"Take not a musket to kill a butterfly."

"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is."

"If you can't get rid of that skeleton is the closet, then you'd best teach it to dance."

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

"Life is pleasant, death is peaceful, its the transition that causes the problems."

"Wise men make proverbs, but fools repeat them."

"We're all going to hell and I'm driving the bus!"

Sincerely,
    GC White

You're a prick.

The reason you haven't given the person who made the quite is because you have gone to a famous quote site, and copied it from there.

Originally posted by Unregistered
    You're a prick.

The reason you haven't given the person who made the quite is because you have gone to a famous quote site, and copied it from there.
    Don't make such baseless accusations.

ReputationRep:
    fighting for peace is like ****ing for virginity

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by bloodhound
    fighting for peace is like ****ing for virginity
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by Leekey
    "All animals are born equal, but some animals are born more equal than others" - Geogre Orwell

"Ever tried, Ever Failed, No Matter, Try Again, Fail Again....Fail Better" - Samuel Beckett
    Mrs.Beckett's son I guess Matt? :-P

ReputationRep:
    "cogito ergo sum"

ReputationRep:
    That was from my french mate, René...

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by Petrozzi
    "cogito ergo sum"
    "I think therefore I am" - Rene Descartes.

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by Mr White
    "I think therefore I am" - Rene Descartes.
    Thank you for that Sir.White, I was going to wait untill somebody asked what the hell it meant first

We will Fight on the Beaches....We will never surrender
    W. Churchill

For Harry and St George
    Henry V

Vidi, Vici, Veni (I saw, I conquered, I came ;-) )

"If I'd wanted to talk to a vegetable, I'd have bought one at the market"

"I think the phrase rhymes with 'clucking bell' "

"That'll make me look like a right dicky doo dah won't it?"

and my overall favourite (frequently quoted in Maths lessons) - "There are three types of lies. Lies, damned lies, and statistics"

"There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those that don't"

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.