This discussion is closed.
Julia O.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by NikNak)
Absolutely hilarious!!! LOL!
"we don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of americans." -gwbush
llama boy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
"I believe the human being and fish can coexist peacefully" - GWB.

Which is good, I guess, at least he isn't going to declare a War on Fish.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by llama boy)
"I believe the human being and fish can coexist peacefully" - GWB.

Which is good, I guess, at least he isn't going to declare a War on Fish.
Are you sure?

"The fish are terrorists. They lurk in mysterious undercurrents all around the world. You're either with us or the fish!"
J.S.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hotnanoo)
he's some more funy quotes from George Wubya Bush

Okkkk, you've clearly misunderstood the President of the United States, allow me to put these into context.

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."
- George W. Bush

This could work. For instance, if you have multiple goals, in one you may succeed, and fail in the other, and this could lead to a overall success. However, what Mr Bush is illustrating is that the lack of success is of such magnitude that it will result in an overall falilure. Take a football game, a striker does not score, yet his team emerges victorious. Now, here, he did not personally succeed, however the entire mission did not result in failure. You see?

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe."
- Governor George W. Bush

This was meant to be a figurative reference, rather than literal. For instance, that they are 'a part of', in that Europe is in their hearts. Also, historically, such a large proprtion of America's populations originates from Europe, therefore this was no doubt, a dual reference. Very clever indeed. Actually, Bush may have been implying a causal relationship, in that they are 'a part of Europe', and that Europe is in their hearts, due to the historical tie. Goodness, how could you not see that???

"Public speaking is very easy."

Indeed so, and he is not to blame that people like yourself fail to understand his at times rather allusive remarks.

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."

Again, this is acceptable. Fewer is a relative term, when we say fewer we mean: less than yesterday. An election may actually have a high turnour in a particular country (i.e. 85%, which relative to many OECD countries is a high turnout) and yet it could be that fewer (than last year) people have gone to the polls. However, Bush is merely illustrating that in this particular case, the low voter turnout refers to fewer people, even though as the above demonstrates, this is not always obvious to high powered minds, such as the one in possession of G.W. Bush.

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."

Hmmm...When he say's 'impurities', he is no doubt using the word in a very specific and highly technical sense. I'd imagine he has single handidily managed to form some definition of impurity what is independent of poullution. As he's such a caring fellow, that he seeks to combat such 'impurities', which may not traditionally come under the broad banner of 'pollution'. What a great mind! Only in America....

J.S.
SaeedRehman
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by J.S.)
Hmmm...When he say's 'impurities', he is no doubt using the word in a very specific and highly technical sense. I'd imagine he has single handidily managed to form some definition of impurity what is independent of poullution. As he's such a caring fellow, that he seeks to combat such 'impurities', which may not traditionally come under the broad banner of 'pollution'. What a great mind! Only in America....

J.S.
you shouldnt criticse the american president like that, americans may find it offensive, after all he is a harvard graduate, lol! -a**hole
J.S.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SaeedRehman)
you shouldnt criticse the american president like that, americans may find it offensive, after all he is a harvard graduate, lol! -a**hole
Hey, I've just spent a good deal of time trying to defend him! You've now aroused the emotions of a nationalist American....now you shall feel my wrath!

(Think I should stay away from Japanese rice wine)
SaeedRehman
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by J.S.)
Hey, I've just spent a good deal of time trying to defend him! You've now aroused the emotions of a nationalist American....now you shall feel my wrath!

(Think I should stay away from Japanese rice wine)

hahaha
devilschild
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
"time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time"

"if you're not living on the edge then you're taking up too much room"

"ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy"

"we are all mushrooms- kept in the dark and fed on manure"

"there is nothing good or bad but thinking makes it so"

"war doesn't determine whos right only whos left"

"sex, drugs, rock n roll, speed, weed, birth control,
lifes a ***** we're all gonna die
so **** the world and lets get high"
Saintsin
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Vidi, Vici, Veni (I saw, I conquered, I came ;-) )

"If I'd wanted to talk to a vegetable, I'd have bought one at the market"

"I think the phrase rhymes with 'clucking bell' "

"That'll make me look like a right dicky doo dah won't it?"

and my overall favourite (frequently quoted in Maths lessons) - "There are three types of lies. Lies, damned lies, and statistics"
if im not mistaken you have them wrong way round,
Veni Vidi Vici, as you have yo go to see what you conquered.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
"nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity"- the one and only Martin Luther King Jr.

"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men" - as before, MLK

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere" - guess who?

"Float like a butterfly - sting like a bee" - Muhammed Ali
FudgeMonkey
Report 16 years ago
"Don't knock masturbation, it's sex with someone I love."
Woody Allen.
FudgeMonkey
Report 16 years ago
"We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."
Robin Williams.
FudgeMonkey
Report 16 years ago
"My girlfiend said to me in bed last night' 'you're a pervert' I said, 'that's a big word for a girl of nine'."
Emo Philips.

Ok so they're not quotes i live by, but i find them very funny. The above one is kinda sick though..
not1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by llama boy)
<sighs knowingly>
i know just as much as you boyo and i still think its unfair
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by edders)
i know just as much as you boyo and i still think its unfair
my favorite is either, " quitters never win, and winners never quit."

and

"win with class, lose with class, and always respect your opponet."

and

" your actions scream so loudly that i cannot hear your words"
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
See my sig, hope they work.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
"Sanity is oft viewed from outside the skull"
giddylid1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
"Oh the joys of woo"
Saintsin
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
the good thing about being intelligent is that you can pretend to be stupid to blend in, the other way round is much harder.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
People who say hell is other people are often those who give other people hell.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (294)
34.23%
No (565)
65.77%

Watched Threads