Daredevil vs The Flash vs The Arrow

Watch
TheAlphaParticle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I used to love the Flash and I just hated Arrow even though others like it. But ever since Daredevil was dropped I realised how bad the other two are. Which one is the best?
NomisJ
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Daredevil is in an entirely different league from the other two.... The Arrow isn't terrible and the flash is just a bit worse than that.

Daredevil is BY FAR the best superhero TV show in existence. The competition is not even in the same ballpark as far as i'm concerned.

All my opinion though
alexschmalex
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Easily DD, the portrayal of Kingpin was up there with Heath Ledger's Joker imo. And the fact that it didn't really hold back or hide behind dumb subplots or anything, it was just fantastic. Flash and Arrow are a lot more cartoony/basic but still a great time, although current season of Arrow has been pretty lame compared to the first two. Way too much pointless drama and a lot of the action has felt like it was stuffed in just so it's different from the Flash, which is way less serious but so are the characters so it's more enjoyable

I'd go DD > Arrow Seasons 1 & 2 > Flash >> Arrow Season 3
dhayum1997
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
*SPOILERS* Overall Daredevil is insane but atm the Flash is on a different level with The flash finding out about The Reverse Flash etc. I love the flash right now, I think Arrow isn't that great right now but Al-sahim getting married to nisa is dope but I dont think it will happen !
NomisJ
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by alexschmalex)
Easily DD, the portrayal of Kingpin was up there with Heath Ledger's Joker imo. And the fact that it didn't really hold back or hide behind dumb subplots or anything, it was just fantastic. Flash and Arrow are a lot more cartoony/basic but still a great time, although current season of Arrow has been pretty lame compared to the first two. Way too much pointless drama and a lot of the action has felt like it was stuffed in just so it's different from the Flash, which is way less serious but so are the characters so it's more enjoyable

I agree mostly with this.
Though I don't think i ever liked the Flash or the Arrow as much as you.
If i was to give them an average episode rating out of 10 It would go as follows;

Daredevil: 8.5 to 9.5/10
The Arrow: 5.5 to 6.8/10
The Flash: 4.5 to 5.8/10

Again just my opinion based mainly on the quality of writing.
Daredevil has the best actors Kingpin is astonishingly good and Daredevil himself is also fantastically acted.

Also I don't think I've EVER seen a better fight scene than the continuous-shot hallway fight in DD episode 2.
Lacesso
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I like Arrow best. I like the character a lot more than the others, and each storyline has been really gripping. I think the show sits somewhere between Daredevil and the Flash in terms of being super srs and suspension of believability and it's a good place to sit. I enjoy watching The Flash but it's a little too corny for me, plus the way he approaches situations is frustrating at times. For the fastest(?) man on the planet, he sure moves slow sometimes. Daredevil was brilliant all the way through; very dark and gritty. At times it felt like I was watching a really good movie. I'd have rated it higher than Arrow easily if it wasn't for the very end of the season finale (which was superb, nearly), which went so corny it was jarring. Still, all good shows and I'd recommend them to anyone. Gotham City is turd though. Edit - Why does this site insist on removing my paragraphing. Very frustrating.
SceneKid17
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Arrow and the flash all the way!
User1686961
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Daredevil.
Arrow
Flash
MatthewParis
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The Flash is kind-of like an entertaining romp; there's nothing heavy or cerebral about it, it's light but enjoyable fare

Grant Gustin is so cute it hurts, I could gaze adoringly at that face for hours. He's probably a good portion of the reason I watch The Flash.

I'm up to episode 2 of Daredevil; seems quite good. It's obviously a substantial cut above the Flash, much darker and grittier. It's the kind of thing I enjoy
junayds123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
ARROW SEASON 2 IS best

THEN DARE DEVIL EP 2

THEN FLASH 2nd HALF season 1
muf_mur
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
the portrayal of Kingpin was up there with Heath Ledger's Joker imo.

:lol:

I agree with the second part though
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
From what I've seen of the three (which admittedly is not a huge amount of Arrow and Flash, I didn't particularly enjoy either), it seems like they're catering to very different audiences- Flash and Arrow both have the "watchable by all, offensive to nobody" vibe, trying to appeal to everybody with generic superhero fun, while Daredevil is indisputably adult oriented. I think the focus of Daredevil allows it to be so much better than the other two, which haven't captured the same sort of charm that gives the best examples from something like the MCU their level of mass appeal. Daredevil isn't trying to cater to everyone, it aims squarely at mature audiences and absolutely nails the execution. On a technical level it beats the other two in almost every regard- it's spectacularly made, the acting is a step above, the fight scenes are extremely well done, it's all generally a leap ahead (unless they've had a really radical increase on production value as the series progressed). It's not going to be to everybody's tastes, but for the target demographic I'd be very surprised to find many people preferring Arrow or The Flash.
Teddysmith123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think the main reason many people liked daredevil was because the actual plot wasn't crowed with romantic entanglements. I mean the female characters weren't defined as love interests whereas iris in the flash is pretty much that so far. Also look at felicity in arrow who was a great character season 1 &2 but season 3 when she became the main love interest her character was a bit of a mess as was the plot. But saying that I may be one of the few people who enjoyed the arrow season 3 finale and can't wait for season 4! Likewise I was so glad daredevil was renewed for another season and would definitely say for me that it is probably my favorite of the three with arrow and flash being joint second.

Posted from TSR Mobile
_Ddraig_
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Agents of Shield

Honestly though, i haven't really checked out the others but Daredevil seems to be getting good reviews so i may check that out now that most of my American series have had their finales this week.
alexschmalex
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Teddysmith123)
I think the main reason many people liked daredevil was because the actual plot wasn't crowed with romantic entanglements. I mean the female characters weren't defined as love interests whereas iris in the flash is pretty much that so far. Also look at felicity in arrow who was a great character season 1 &2 but season 3 when she became the main love interest her character was a bit of a mess as was the plot. But saying that I may be one of the few people who enjoyed the arrow season 3 finale and can't wait for season 4! Likewise I was so glad daredevil was renewed for another season and would definitely say for me that it is probably my favorite of the three with arrow and flash being joint second.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Arrow finale just made me cry, maybe I expected too much from it but I honestly felt empty the whole time. They really dropped the ball with that season imo, I do hope season 4 recaptures some of the former glory but I'm scared it'll be mega predictable
Spoiler:
Show
Felicity and Oliver are having a great life away from it all, Starling City is in some type of crazy danger that the guys Oliver left behind aren't able to handle and will be overwhelmed by and so they call Oliver back. Oliver and Felicity fight because she doesn't want him back in the game but he really wants/needs to go, they break up, both are unhappy and it messes with his ability to actually save the city, and then she sees reason (or just bangs some other random rich dude) and they get back together after Oliver has schooled the leftovers on how to be real heroes.
Honestly can't see much they'll do with what they have atm, there's so many opportunities but I'm worried now that it'll just be another Oliver-Felicity-Being a Hero love triangle instead of something people wanna watch
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I like Flash and Agents of Shield the most. Excited for all the new ones coming soon, especially Supergirl. :woo:
Teddysmith123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The Arrow finale just made me cry, maybe I expected too much from it but I honestly felt empty the whole time. They really dropped the ball with that season imo, I do hope season 4 recaptures some of the former glory but I'm scared it'll be mega predictable
Spoiler:
Show
Felicity and Oliver are having a great life away from it all, Starling City is in some type of crazy danger that the guys Oliver left behind aren't able to handle and will be overwhelmed by and so they call Oliver back. Oliver and Felicity fight because she doesn't want him back in the game but he really wants/needs to go, they break up, both are unhappy and it messes with his ability to actually save the city, and then she sees reason (or just bangs some other random rich dude) and they get back together after Oliver has schooled the leftovers on how to be real heroes.
Honestly can't see much they'll do with what they have atm, there's so many opportunities but I'm worried now that it'll just be another Oliver-Felicity-Being a Hero love triangle instead of something people wanna watch
The thing is I understand what you're saying but I actually liked that finale and most of season 3. I think if they make oliver and felicity a strong relationship where she doesn't stop him from being a hero the next season could be good. The thing is felicity doesn't mind oliver being a vigilante, the only problem she has is that when he went full arrow he would sometimes shut his emotions off and also he wouldn't listen well to his team. I think that if oliver becomes green arrow and both he and felicity grow up a bit they will have a happier lighter relationship which is what a lot of fans like to see. Can't wait for season 4 - heres hoping for no love triangles or relationship drama just an actual strong relationship!

Posted from TSR Mobile
scrawlx101
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by 8472)
I like Flash and Agents of Shield the most. Excited for all the new ones coming soon, especially Supergirl. :woo:
same...tho supergirl looks like felicity...

hope supergirl aint a predictable borefest
yasminibr76
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i prefer daredevil to arrpw and the flash there to cliché, but daredevil is so good kinda bummed there was only 13 eps
Gwilym101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'd put Daredevil and the first 2 seasons of Arrow on the same level but they have very different themes and styles.

The Flash I enjoy when it embraces its comic booky-ness and worked very well to imply certain events were going to happen and then did a last minute switch. It annoys me when they try and talk scientific and are just horribly in accurate such as Captain Cold and Heatwaves guns cancelling each other out even though Colds gun goes to absolute zero.

Arrow season 3 had some good moments but was a step down and lots of the character arcs seem to have gone backwards, although they did atleast have Ra's Al Ghul do what he should have done with Batman and just revealed his identity.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (125)
41.67%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (34)
11.33%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (22)
7.33%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (67)
22.33%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (33)
11%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.33%

Watched Threads