What style of clothes do you wear?

Watch
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Quantex)
I describe my style as soup kitchen chic.
i'm sorry I ****ing laughed at that. Just ignore me like you always do but you're hilarious.
username3150658
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
really? To the basketball shorts?...

The Ellesse type jackets are sexy on anyone.
Lol

Mhm - just regular short shorts but w/ basketball team prints or logos - shoulda just said that.

Don't really wear them out but yh.
milkybar man
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A boxer brief does fine
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jabbathemuttdog)
Lol

Mhm - just regular short shorts but w/ basketball team prints or logos - shoulda just said that.

Don't really wear them out but yh.
yes you do wear hot pants out :smug:
username3150658
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bang outta order)
yes you do wear hot pants out :smug:
you know it!
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not sure if it's a style or not, but jeans, ankle boots, band shirts, leather jackets, crop tops, Vans etc most of it is dark colours too
CollegeStudent99
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I tend to dress pretty simple like most students:

T-shirt
Hoodie
Joggers
Sometimes Jeans
Trainers

Sometimes I’ll wear a light jacket over my hoodie in winter if it’s cold or if it’s raining. Parka if it’s really cold or snowing. Shorts occasionally in Spring/Summer.
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CollegeStudent99)
I tend to dress pretty simple like most students:

T-shirt
Hoodie
Joggers
Sometimes Jeans
Trainers

Sometimes I’ll wear a light jacket over my hoodie in winter if it’s cold or if it’s raining. Parka if it’s really cold or snowing. Shorts occasionally in Spring/Summer.
Youve dug up a two year old thread........
Why??
Please don’t
CollegeStudent99
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sammylou40)
Youve dug up a two year old thread........
Why??
Please don’t
Why not? People do it all the time.
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Why not? People do it all the time
Not necessary.
nemofoot
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I try and dress as formal as is socially acceptable I'm not at all a hipster but I just like finery. Typically I try and wear chinos and a nice shirt. I'd wear a suit if I could but I worry a 17 year old just wearing a suit around the place all the time might raise a couple of eyebrows, also drycleaning is expensive and ruins them so can't really do that.

I think the rise of casual clothing in the 70s was a big mistake and to be honest I wish we all still wore suits, waistcoats, dresses and bustles everywhere like the Victorians, I like that era in some ways
CollegeStudent99
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by nemofoot)
I try and dress as formal as is socially acceptable I'm not at all a hipster but I just like finery. Typically I try and wear chinos and a nice shirt. I'd wear a suit if I could but I worry a 17 year old just wearing a suit around the place all the time might raise a couple of eyebrows, also drycleaning is expensive and ruins them so can't really do that.

I think the rise of casual clothing in the 70s was a big mistake and to be honest I wish we all still wore suits, waistcoats, dresses and bustles everywhere like the Victorians, I like that era in some ways
WoW. Most 17 year olds these days wear things like tracksuits, sports clothing, hoodies, jeans, t-shirts, joggers, puffer jackets etc so I can see why you’d look completely out of place. Though I did see one student at my college recently who wouldn’t look out of place in the Victorian era! :eek: He was wearing a top hat and what looked like a knee length pea coat.

Also occasionally see smarter dressed students wearing things like button-up shirts and chinos or skirts etc.

But I prefer casual clothing because it’s quick and easy and comfy to wear and it’s more suitable for the weather (think rain-resistant jackets, warm fleecy material in hoodies, joggers). It also looks good imo.

Though I bought a suit a couple of years ago from Next and I really look good in it. Only worn it once for a family wedding though.
Last edited by CollegeStudent99; 2 weeks ago
Karisa96
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
WoW. Most 17 year olds these days wear things like tracksuits, sports clothing, hoodies, jeans, t-shirts, joggers, puffer jackets etc so I can see why you’d look completely out of place. Though I did see one student at my college recently who wouldn’t look out of place in the Victorian era! :eek: He was wearing a top hat and what looked like a knee length pea coat.

Also occasionally see smarter dressed students wearing things like button-up shirts and chinos or skirts etc.

But I prefer casual clothing because it’s quick and easy and comfy to wear and it’s more suitable for the weather (think rain-resistant jackets, warm fleecy material in hoodies, joggers). It also looks good imo.

Though I bought a suit a couple of years ago from Next and I really look good in it. Only worn it once for a family wedding though.
If you look good in it.
Perhaps you should wear it more often. X
Karisa96
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I would say I'm a formal type dresser.
throwtoshaw
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
personally love the style of the birthday suit. This one really makes you stand out and it’s not even Louis Vuitton. It can make you feel like a celebrity in some ways I shut down Gucci and had the whole of the shop floor waiting
Deborah_C
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by drowzee)
...Really girly, flowy skirts and dresses. Something that comes into the waist and flows out. I love pastel colours and floral.
A-line skirts... I dislike jeans with a passion, I can only wear skirts, dresses and shorts.
That's so me too! I've never been into jeans or tight skirts, always prefer the really girly stuff, even though sometimes I think I'm dressing too young for my age, but who cares what other people think! Charity shops are a great source, and having a friend who can modify stuff is helpful too.
chrisharrison
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I like to wear casual clothes like denims, t-shirts, trousers & jackets and generally buy them from Nirofashion, a men’s fashion designer store.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (62)
63.27%
No (18)
18.37%
Not sure (18)
18.37%

Watched Threads