Truth and conspiracies

Watch
Maker
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
We all know some people believe there are numerous conspiracies going on from deliberately putting poisons in vaccines to Mossad/CIA/Illuminati being responsible for 9/11.

Conspiracy theorists are under the impression they know what is really going on and everyone else is walking around ignorant of the way the world is really run by a vast, shadowy army of conspirators pulling strings and making bad stuff happen.

How do conspiracy theories know the conspiracies they think is happening are true and they have not been fed a lot of lies tailored to their mindset? How do they know the conspirators are even more cunning than they think and they are being manipulated into thinking they know what is really going on?
EdmundWoodstock
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No idea, conspiracy theories are rather tedious and dull nowadays if I'm being frank.
HigherMinion
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Maker)
Conspiracy theorists are under the impression they know what is really going on
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The reason there are conspiracy theories is because there is not_enough_information to know what truly happened. They are sceptics to the highest degree.
Arbolus
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by HigherMinion)
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The reason there are conspiracy theories is because there is not_enough_information to know what truly happened. They are sceptics to the highest degree.
Usually there's not enough information because there's nothing extra to be known. Your typical conspiracy theorist can't stand the thought that mysteries and coincidences can possibly be allowed to exist, and so they look for something to fill the non-existent gap.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maker
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by HigherMinion)
Being a sceptic is not the same as being right. You can be sceptical of the right answers as well as the wrong ones.

One of the things conspiracy theorists do is claim there is not enough information when in fact, they are claiming the information that is available does not support their conspiracies and they always ask for more whether it exists or not..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.38%
I don't have everything I need (139)
41.62%

Watched Threads