Need help with unit 1 25 mark essays for economics AQA::URGENT

Watch
Dan-Bon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Can anybody be able to give me an example answer for a 25 mark essay for AQA economics? I need help understanding the structure and where to place my arguments, especially with questions including "for and against government intervention".
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
x
War-Mac
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Dan-Bon)
Can anybody be able to give me an example answer for a 25 mark essay for AQA economics? I need help understanding the structure and where to place my arguments, especially with questions including "for and against government intervention".
Hey.

You need a definition.
Draw a diagram
Next to the diagram right a bit about the dagram
Start the argument. I would would say 3 paragraphs for one side of the argument and then 3 against.
Conclusion with short run and long run of what you have wrote. Then make your decision.
I will see if I can post a copy of one of my essays.
War-Mac
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I found this for you hope it helps.
"Extract F (lines 7–8) states: ‘Supply-side policies will also contribute to lower inflation’.

Using the data and your economic knowledge, evaluate the importance of supply-side policies in helping to control inflation in the UK. (25 marks)"

Definition - Define at least one keyword for 2 marks. You are allowed to define up to 2 key words which gets you 4 marks.

Define supply-side policies and inflation

Adv of question - Advantages of supply-side policies in controlling inflation. Use diagrams.

1. LRAS shifting to right
  2. Lower inflation (assuming economy is to some extent overheating, or at the very least, not on the excess capacity stage)
  3. Achieve all four macro-economic indicators

Disadvantages of question - Disadvantages of supply-side policies in controlling inflation.

1. Time lag - takes years
  2. External events may affect success of policy e.g. current Eurozone crisis / previous recessions
  3. Perhaps not as effective as other economic policies to control inflation - leads to next paragraph

Alternatives to question - Alternative economic policy that controls inflation

1. Expansionary fiscal
  2. Contractionary fiscal
  3. Expansionary monetary
  4. Contractionary monetary

Include a diagram if you have time

Conclusion - Always start conclusion with question to keep on track, so:

"The extent to which supply-side policies control inflation..."

Summarise adv, disadv and alternative

Get a lot of eval marks in conclusion, make sure it isn't weak

and here is a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZF7yL4G_wU

Hope this is of use.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.52%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (355)
29.29%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.68%

Watched Threads