How do you know when someone fancies you? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
*has mental images of 'unregistered' asking a girl to stay still while he measures he eyebrow with a ruler...*
THIERRY
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hey boys and girls! guess what??! I saw the girl last week at the concert, she walked by about 10 metres away frm me (my mate pointed her out) and for a moment my heart raced, and when I looked at her there wasnt that spark u knw. so i thought........Naaaah she aint for me, as nice as she may b, she aint girl.f material more 'friend' material. so i thought id let it go, so now im stuck with only 2 girls, and no the hat-trick I was hopin!"
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Where do i start? This is a big one.

I met a girl at my aunties house (their friends), and i REALLY fancied her. Im REALLY shy though and didn't do anything about it. My auntie asked her in front of me if she liked me, and twice she turned away smilling.

I got her number eventually and texted her, asking her out (my first time ever), after my auntie told me she had been dumped by her boyfriend. She texted back saying i was a lovely lad but she wasn't ready for going out or anything. I understand that, but i still dont know whether that was a brush off. I also found out that she got dumped because she wouldnt have sex with her boyfriend, and he called her etc. Shes 18 been hurt by lads 3 times. I'm 21 and never had a girlfriend. Her ex was younger than me, and she might think i want the same, but im not that type of lad. Shes a bit dizzy/naive etc, and the other lads treated her badly.

Also, we had a bbq at our house and i invited her because my auntie was coming too. She came, but i dont know whether it was for me or my auntie. We talked a bit, but its hard in front of my family. i did notice that we kept looking at each other, but looking away as our eyes met.????????????

Theres more problems as well. shes a jehovas witness, and her mum is really strict with her, she doesnt have much freedom.she would get 'MURDURED' if her mum found out what she did, or if she was with a lad.

Another thing is that we are the complete opposites of each other, shes dizzy, wild, outgoing, loud etc, whereas im quite quiet and shy. we are also from different family backgrounds. she also thinks shes thick and is regularly told so, she finished school at 16 whereas i have a degree. She appears really confident, but i dont know whether this is an act, as she appears a little shy around me. but i think we have the same morals, such as trust, only wanting one person etc. what would she see in someone as unconfident as me?

Any comments. PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!!!!!1
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Just wondering what sort of signals every1 looks for in a girl to indicate weather she likes you or not. And how every1 approaches the situations (i.e when u get her no/when u meet up etc)
from a gal like me we normally give flirty looks stare at u as u wlk past or watever and then if u ave the numba then obviously she likes you jst a bit
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ickle_katy)
she touches you when se talks to you/ she giglies a lot.

and go straight up to he and ask her for her mobile number. if your not confident enough to do that, ask round , some one must know it.

love Katy ***
hey katy this girl whos in my class when i saw down town she went
"hi jonathan" and then giggled and she seems to be doing it all thetime the past few weeks
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
"hi jonathan" and then giggled and she seems to be doing it all thetime the past few weeks
Maybe she's just taking the micky lol

No offence, but she could be.
wicked3610
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
u just know, thats it - no easy or hard answer
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
There is a girl i really like but she hangs around with all the popular people, i am not popular, so how do i tell her that i like her without her going off and telling everyone and losing all dignity. I am sure i have seen her looking at me before - but it is probably just my imagination fantasyssing. Please will some girl explain what they think i shud do
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
shes heard that story about you caught with the blow up doll.....
Mega Wolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
::::::
l ** l
l *
l --- l
l____l how can u tell when a guy likes u??? they dont hint that well.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mega Wolf)
::::::
l ** l
l *
l --- l
l____l how can u tell when a guy likes u??? they dont hint that well.
WHEN HE SAYS "YO I LIKE YOU"
cricket
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
There is a girl i really like but she hangs around with all the popular people, i am not popular, so how do i tell her that i like her without her going off and telling everyone and losing all dignity. I am sure i have seen her looking at me before - but it is probably just my imagination fantasyssing. Please will some girl explain what they think i shud do
Well, how will you know if she likes you if you don't talk to her. Speaking as a girl, I would love it if a guy was my friend before he just walked up to me and asked me out, or even said that he liked me. Get to know her first, personally that is. Talk to her. Bump into her in the hall way one day and say you're sorry and then compliment her on something: you bump into her and say "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't see you there." and then she'll say(If she's a nice person) "Oh, it's okay. Don't worry about it." and then you'll smile at her, and then she'll smile at you. And then you'll eye her over, but not overly so, and say "You look very nice today" and she'll say "Thank you" and then she'll smile at you, and she'll probablly giggle. And then you casually walk her to her class, or if you aren't going in the same direction, then you say "well my class is this way, bye" and she'll say "Bye" and then you say "Maybe I'll bump into you again sometime." and then she'll giggle and you'll seperate. And maybe, just maybe, when you run into her in the cafeteria later on that day, she might just say high, or wave at you.
Try to be her friend first. Don't let her social status stop you, just say high and you never know what could happen until you try.

And don't forget to wish upon a star,
Because when you wish upon a star. . .all your dreams can come true.
aki_aka55
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
like like wait till they make there move!
cricket
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by aki_aka55)
like like wait till they make there move!
yeah that too
Mega Wolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by cricket)
yeah that too
ok
Gina17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
you just know!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Ewww
FlyingAdam
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
It's true ! ....................just have to make sure it ain't her friend who's turned her on - girls these days seem to think it's "cool" to be into each other. Madonna and all her nonsense !!!
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I dont have a clue to be honest, but thats because nobody has ever actually fancied me.

If you think someone does though, and here comes the bitterness, just ignore it. Everyone will screw you about at some point, and are only taking you for a ride (and please refrain from all the obvious innuendos )
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
a compliment a day works well: specially if you pick up on something about her that no one/not many people notice/have said about.

get her email if your shy about phoning/asking her out. msn messenger etc etc are quite good and informal so just chat about stuff, then chat at school/sixth form/uni whatever

always look happy to see her lol
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.6%
Excited (156)
9.18%
Worried (305)
17.95%
Terrified (378)
22.25%
Meh (163)
9.59%
Confused (37)
2.18%