Dumachi
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Jasonpt)
This is the DM....
Which is whats strange, DM usually hate UKIP's guts and post nothing but hate on them.
SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Because searching for a party leader on Google certainly means that you'll want to vote for them. :rolleyes:
tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dumachi)
Which is whats strange, DM usually hate UKIP's guts and post nothing but hate on them.
You've got to be kidding me...
Dumachi
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by SHallowvale)
Because searching for a party leader on Google certainly means that you'll want to vote for them. :rolleyes:
Nigel is the man that can.
lucaf
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
But they won't, because that is ridiculous.
demx9
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tehforum)
You've got to be kidding me...
it's true
illegaltobepoor
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Come on sing along!

I'm just an ordinary bloke I like a drink a smoke Im proud to say Im british though and though!

Get into character!
illegaltobepoor
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Rakas thanks for the rep but here one for the Tories as well.

Ace123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This is very interesting research from Google & the Uni of Sheffield because I do think internet searches/social media will be able to predict voting patterns in the future the big problem at the moment however is the research does not show if the search was positive/negative, if they could develop a way of classifying the search as in support of or against a party it could be a very useful tool of voting patterns & where parties should campaign
Reformed2010
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's threads like this that remind me, democracy really is the best of the worst systems of government.
MagicNMedicine
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ace123)
This is very interesting research from Google & the Uni of Sheffield because I do think internet searches/social media will be able to predict voting patterns in the future the big problem at the moment however is the research does not show if the search was positive/negative, if they could develop a way of classifying the search as in support of or against a party it could be a very useful tool of voting patterns & where parties should campaign
Data like this an indicator on profile and exposure which is one step removed from voter choice.

With UKIP for instance the problem in previous General Elections was that they were a fairly low profile party that most people hadn't heard of. Farage has obviously lifted their profile and given them more exposure which is what political marketing is all about.

The next stage is converting people from having heard of you to wanting to vote for you - the issue for Farage could be a lot of people are getting information about him but then deciding for whatever reason not to vote for him.
Olie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dumachi)
Nigel is the man that can.
Haha, he really isn't! A lot of people who haven't fallen for all his 'straight talking' think he's a pillock and wouldn't dream of voting for his party.
NYU℠
Report 4 years ago
.... Google searches are not how political projections are made.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.04%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (68)
9.88%
No I am happy with my course choice (392)
56.98%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (97)
14.1%

Watched Threads