I haven't decided whether to vote or not Watch

EllieC130
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I really don't want to because if I did I wouldn't be voting for someone I wanted in power, I'd be voting for the less of several evils. Here's how I view the main five-
Labour: I feel if I vote for them things are going to stay exactly the same as they are; their views on immigration are something I really don't agree with. Personally I'm not anti immigration but I do think we need to freeze the borders for a bit. Think of me as you will.
Conservatives: I get the impression they only care about the middle class and the fact they want to scrap the tuition fee cap scares me.
Liberals: They're not going to get in and I've always considered the party to just be very weak ever since Nick Clegg got so close with David Cameron after the last election.
UKIP: While I agree with some of their policies, I just don't trust that they're not bigoted and discriminatory. I've heard too many bad things to be convinced it's all bs.
Greens: They're not going to get in and they're too idealistic to be believed. I also don't like the idea of tuition fees being scrapped completely.

Furthermore I don't know a ton about politics besides a basic summary of their policies. I don't really think it responsible for me to vote. But everyone around me keeps trying to convinced me to. Help.
Queen Cersei
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by EllieC130)
I really don't want to because if I did I wouldn't be voting for someone I wanted in power, I'd be voting for the less of several evils. Here's how I view the main five-
Labour: I feel if I vote for them things are going to stay exactly the same as they are; their views on immigration are something I really don't agree with. Personally I'm not anti immigration but I do think we need to freeze the borders for a bit. Think of me as you will.
Conservatives: I get the impression they only care about the middle class and the fact they want to scrap the tuition fee cap scares me.
Liberals: They're not going to get in and I've always considered the party to just be very weak ever since Nick Clegg got so close with David Cameron after the last election.
UKIP: While I agree with some of their policies, I just don't trust that they're not bigoted and discriminatory. I've heard too many bad things to be convinced it's all bs.
Greens: They're not going to get in and they're too idealistic to be believed. I also don't like the idea of tuition fees being scrapped completely.

Furthermore I don't know a ton about politics besides a basic summary of their policies. I don't really think it responsible for me to vote. But everyone around me keeps trying to convinced me to. Help.
Hey!

It has been very hard to make a decision this time around but if I were you I would think about the top two/three policies that matter for you... so perhaps Education and Health and then look at what the parties are going to be doing around this. We have manifesto breakdowns on the site I can link you to if that would help?

If you decide you don't want to vote for any of the parties I would encourage you to spoil your ballot as this will still get counted and gets your voice heard more than not voting at all
EllieC130
Rep:
?
(Original post by Queen Cersei)
Hey!

It has been very hard to make a decision this time around but if I were you I would think about the top two/three policies that matter for you... so perhaps Education and Health and then look at what the parties are going to be doing around this. We have manifesto breakdowns on the site I can link you to if that would help?

If you decide you don't want to vote for any of the parties I would encourage you to spoil your ballot as this will still get counted and gets your voice heard more than not voting at all
I did have a look at the manifesto breakdowns; it put me off each and every one of them.
Sanctimonious
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Vote UKIP.

It is the only way to protect the realm.
Poldork
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sanctimonious)
Vote UKIP.

It is the only way to protect the realm.

Ithink its more of a matter of discontent, but they're definetly the new Lib dems.
SuperWolfPaws
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
in general labours manifesto is more fair and balanced. also they are not opening the flood gates with immigration, they want regulation. UKIP have lots of ex torys and mad hatters. Lib dems.... just meh.
Sanctimonious
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SuperWolfPaws)
in general labours manifesto is more fair and balanced. also they are not opening the flood gates with immigration, they want regulation. UKIP have lots of ex torys and mad hatters. Lib dems.... just meh.
Labour is a pedophile protection cult.
SuperWolfPaws
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
LOL nice try. UKIP are nutters racists and bigots.
The two eds
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Queen Cersei)
Hey

I would listen to this^^^

Pick 5 issues from this list for example:
-Economy
-Environment
-Immigration
-Education
-Healthcare
-Foreign policy
-EU
-Scotland
-Housing
-Employment
-Crime
-Culture
-Defense
-Transport
-Aid
-Taxes
-First past the post system
-Energy
-Climate Change

What are your greatest concerns and go from there
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
:eek:
Sanctimonious
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nice try? whatever.

The two eds
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
While I do not agree (since less than 30 members have been found guilty of such claims out of almost 50,000 UKIP members) I would much rather support a party that voices the odd racist remark than a party that covered up and allowed years of sexual abuse and pedophilia to go on. Not to mention multiple Labour peers have been sent to prison for sexual abuse and more Labour MPs have gone to prison than all of the UKIP accused "racists". Plus you got the expenses scandal and so on.
Sanctimonious
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
DO NOT PUT ANY OTHER CHILDREN AT RISK.

Sanctimonious
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The two eds)
While I do not agree (since less than 30 members have been found guilty of such claims out of almost 50,000 UKIP members) I would much rather support a party that voices the odd racist remark than a party that covered up and allowed years of sexual abuse and pedophilia to go on. Not to mention multiple Labour peers have been sent to prison for sexual abuse and more Labour MPs have gone to prison than all of the UKIP accused "racists". Plus you got the expenses scandal and so on.
You mean this list here?

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B39P...1Bel9kc0U/view

Absolutely disgusting and vile. Do not vote for them. SPOIL YOUR BALLOT IF YOU HAVE TO DO SO. JUST DO NOT VOTE LABOUR.
The two eds
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wait a minute all Labour have said is they would limit benefit entitlements. That means there is still MASS UNCONTROLLED OPEN DOOR MIGRATION TO OVER 500 MILLION PEOPLE IN THE CONTINENT. The only difference is their entitlements. So you have once again exposed yourself as a fool when it comes to Labour policy
SuperWolfPaws
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
should have predicted you would use 'The Sun' as an intellectual argument. I voted Green anyway. 'Sir Peter Morrison, Margaret Thatcher’s parliamentary private secretary, was caught more than once molesting underage boys'.
i think tory is more harmful to children, specially whose parents are visiting food banks. won't trust ex torys.
The two eds
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You mean this list here?

Absolutely disgusting and vile. Do not vote for them. SPOIL YOUR BALLOT IF YOU HAVE TO DO SO. JUST DO NOT VOTE LABOUR.
I really wish you showed me that list sooner and do not worry I have already cast my vote for UKIP
The two eds
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
should have predicted you would use 'The Sun' as an intellectual argument. I voted Green anyway. 'Sir Peter Morrison, Margaret Thatcher’s parliamentary private secretary, was caught more than once molesting underage boys'.
i think tory is more harmful to children, specially whose parents are visiting food banks. won't trust ex torys.

Read this

Every Labour, Tory and liberal politician who have sexually abused, raped or assaulted

Labour are not your perfect saints after all, you really need to research a party before you declare them to be good.

How do you feel that Labour MPs have raped and abused young girls and boys?

How do you feel supporting a party with such sick scum who engage in such acts?
EllieC130
Rep:
?
Yeah... I'm definitely not voting.
Sanctimonious
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah, I couldn't care less about the Tories either though. Vote UKIP.

Yeah... I'm definitely not voting.
Draw a massive wanger on the form then.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (139)
17.62%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
9.38%
No I am happy with my course choice (464)
58.81%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (112)
14.2%

Watched Threads