Found a suicide note from my mum

Watch
Treeroy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I found a brand new looking A4 workbook in one of the rooms in my house. I was going to take it for myself so checked it was empty. But I found something in the middle, and it is a suicide letter by my mum, including why she is ending her life and funeral arrangements, bank account and insurance details.

I'm sweating and shivering really bad and I just threw up. I feel hollow inside.

What do I do???
igcsegirl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Im so sorry that you are in this situation, there are no words any stranger can say to explain or fix it.
I think that the best thing for you to do if you do not feel ready to talk to your mum straight away would be to call on of the numbers below which i would definitely advise anyway. They are both free and completely anonymous.

Samaritans: 08457 90 90 90
Childline: 0800 1111

These are both 24hr hotlines and you won't get in any trouble or anything for calling them
The soon you act the bbetter

Best wishes
Nathanielle
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You can also look up that: http://www.mind.org.uk/information-s...7#.VUvbO_C8qrY Definitely talk to someone, but in case you are too worried and not really able to phone first.

Definitely talk about it(also to your mother or someone else close) and seek help. Suicide is common, but not something, which cannot be changed.

Wish you all the best!
Danny the Geezer
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh that's terrible. :sad: Sending support.
Sempiternitas
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm so sorry to hear that. I can't think of any better advice than what the first two posters gave you. Sending you lots of support.
alis-volatpropriis
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Samaritans is not a free number it is a 0845 premium number, so if you wish to call it be aware of the charges.

Please speak to family members and family friends, and collectively approach your mother to see what is going on. She most likely is feeling very alone right now, if you show her that so many people care about her including you, she will most likely rethink committing suicide. Sometimes people get so caught up in their own pain, that they cannot see the effects their suicide will have on their family and friends.

Please do this as soon as possible. Try and speak to your mother privately too.
EdmundWoodstock
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Speak to your mother if possible.
kashim91
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
http://www.saynoto0870.com/

this website allows you to find a landline number for an 0845. Here is the cambridge number for samaritans
01223 364455
ImagineCats
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Please hug your mum and tell her how much you love her and how important she is in your life My best friends completely suicidal so I get that "hollow" feeling too Please seek help and hide any potential methods if possible
Anonymous #1
Report 4 years ago
I feel you, man. As someone whose close family member confided this to me and then tried to end their life a week later, you need to tell someone. I did, but I still believe I could have been more forceful in communicating there was a serious threat. That s**t eats you up, trust me. I hope things are better for you today.
jambojim97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
:jumphug::jumphug::jumphug::jumphug:
moment of truth
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry to hear that. :hugs: talk to someone you trust or call a helpline. :jumphug:
Bellarrr
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm not sure telling your mum would be a good idea straight away - she'd probably feel very distressed that you found it. If possible, speak to a family member or family friend you are both close to and seek their advice / ask them to speak to her and see how she's doing. If there is no one like that who you can talk to, the next best thing is speaking to someone in a position of authority, so a counsellor or doctor or some from a mental health charity and get their opinion on how best to deal with the situation. You definitely need to talk to someone though because stuff like that will consume you. Hope you're okay :console: x
AvaAdore
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I read this and my heart sank. My best friend killed himself and we his friends found him.

This is an awful situation for you and for her. But the light here is that she didn't kill herself. She hung on. There is still time to get help for her. It may be a long journey but she can make it through this.

I suggest you look into support now on how best to approach it but do approach it as soon as possible. I know it's so hard but try not to make her feel too guilty or selfish about it she may feel very ashamed and these feelings are magnified when you're depressed and self-hating - stress how much you love her.

I really think you need support yourself for this as well. You've had a huge shock and you shouldn't shoulder this alone. And don't do this alone - can you get a trusted family member involved?

Also I know this is a forum of strangers but if you need to talk about anything we are here.
username1942323
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Treeroy)
I found a brand new looking A4 workbook in one of the rooms in my house. I was going to take it for myself so checked it was empty. But I found something in the middle, and it is a suicide letter by my mum, including why she is ending her life and funeral arrangements, bank account and insurance details.

I'm sweating and shivering really bad and I just threw up. I feel hollow inside.

What do I do???
is she okay now?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (280)
15.27%
Uncertainty around my education (287)
15.65%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (183)
9.98%
Isolating with family (129)
7.03%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (84)
4.58%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (153)
8.34%
Loneliness (181)
9.87%
Financial worries (75)
4.09%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (169)
9.21%
Exposure to negative news/social media (132)
7.2%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (161)
8.78%

Watched Threads