Ravenous food
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
This is my first post on TSR, sorry if I did something wrong.

Currently I am in year 10, and near the end of the year. In all my subjects aside from Spanish/English I believe I can get an A/A*, with a bit of hard work even though I'm already at that level. But this thread i
username1292215
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am also in your position but I am in year 11 . Spanish and English Lit are my weakest.

For Spanish you are in a good position since you have so much time to improve. I recommend you to look at the topics you are learning/learnt this year. How are you doing in them? If you are struggling then maybe try to learn 15 words a week, also revise grammar and the basics of spanish and you will improve. Also in your free time watch Spanish movies(english subtitles then remove subtitles when you get good) also watch LaLiga football with spanish commentary this will help you prepare for spanish Listhening exam in year 11 as you will get used to spanish people speaking.

Good luck
igcsegirl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am in year 11 taking my Spanish GCSE next week!

I would advise getting ahead for next year by learning lots of vocabulary (this is key for both listening and reading papers).
To do this I found it really helpful to use Memrise, which is an app/website for learning vocabulary, just search the topics you want to learn or create your own. Quizlet is also good for this, I used both through year 10 and over the summer before year 11 so I am now feeling pretty confident!

As for English lit, what is it in particular that you struggle with? It depends on the exam board you are doing but I do CIE Igcse and find poetry the worst. For your prose, re read it over the summer. What I did was purchase the audiobooks for my drama(All My Sons) and prose (I'm the King of the Castle) and found this very helpful as you don't have to focus as hard.

Any other particular questions feel free to ask
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.34%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.64%

Watched Threads