Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    after doing my biology empa I'm pretty confident at the fact I've got a solild A (hopefully) If i get Cs in my unit 1 and 2 papers do i still have a chance of getting a good B grade?

ReputationRep:
    Empa is 20% so no. 2 Cs would not suffice unless they were both 1 mark of a B.

ReputationRep:
    anyone have any suggestions as to what the grade boundaries would be for the EMPA I think it could be really high for an A

ReputationRep:
    what did people think of that empa btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raspberr1es)
    what did people think of that empa btw?
    I am worried about the Unit 3 written exam tomorrow :/ any tips on that people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BananaPower)
    anyone have any suggestions as to what the grade boundaries would be for the EMPA I think it could be really high for an A
    I reckon about 80% for an A, given that it was fairly straight forward! Way better than the chemistry one haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ievarem)
    I reckon about 80% for an A, given that it was fairly straight forward! Way better than the chemistry one haha
    40/50 raw marks maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 28Ikky)
    you done it?
    Possibly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fugeefari)
    40/50 raw marks maybe?
    I hope not but I wouldn't be surprised

ReputationRep:
    I got a D in unit 2 mock exam 2014 paper.. 44 marks out of 100.. I've done lots of past papers and the problem with me is that I don't read the full questions and I just jot down what comes up from my mind... I just realised that the answers are over and over again however just need to be specific... Also I haven't been reading the textbook for ages I just do past papers is this alright???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    40/50 raw marks maybe?
    Yep sounds about right to me Last year it was only about 34/50 but I reckon it'll go up this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BananaPower)
    I hope not but I wouldn't be surprised

Same! I know I misread and over complicated the very last question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ievarem)
    Yep sounds about right to me Last year it was only about 34/50 but I reckon it'll go up this year
    I think it will be about 35/ 36 this year. And the reason why that is I know loads of people saying they ****ed up task 1 entirely. The only time is was 40 out of 50 was when it was an incredibly easy exam.
    I also think us sayin "Oh you need 40 for an A" is us just being extremely paranoid and pessimistic at this stage.

ReputationRep:
    i haven't done my empa yet, does anyone know what I need to revise?

ReputationRep:
    Can I just remind everyone that discussing specifics about the EMPA and trading information about the EMPA is not allowed on TSR. AQA are actively looking for people cheating and there have been a couple candidates disqualified already! Do not be one of them and get 2 years of hardwork thrown down the drain!

ReputationRep:
    Same! I know I misread and over complicated the very last question.
    me too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aerosmith)
    Just asked Puddles the Monkey and we are now officially allowed to talk about it
    There are still schools doing EMPAs due to extensions.

ReputationRep:
    I think its a bit pointless to talk about it now. It's in the past. No need to dwell on it.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I know this exam was ages ago but I just need help on something. I think I got an A on unit 1 a high B on unit 2 (maybe an A but I don't want to get my hopes up) though I think I screwed up on the Empa and either got a low C or a high D (which also depends because I think the last part, thr exam, went better than I'd hoped but once again I don't want to get my hopes up.) Do think that can get me a B overall?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why it's just popped inyo my head now 🙈

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 18, 2015

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.