Scroll to see replies

Hardest to easiest:
Maths
Spanish
English Lit
French
What's travel n tourism like
What's travel n tourism like x
just wondering, what makes History so hard at A level?
As I know it isn't particularly difficult at GCSE, is it due to the huge amount of content?
Original post by tobynorth_
just wondering, what makes History so hard at A level?
As I know it isn't particularly difficult at GCSE, is it due to the huge amount of content?

Yes, there's a huge increase in the amount of content and the level you have to write to is much higher. I find that a lot of people in my class struggle because their reading skills are quite poor as they don't read much so they don't understand our sources and such.
Reply 925
Easiest to hardest:
Chemistry
Maths
Physics
Biology

The mark schemes for Biology are just bs, and Physics just has a lot of content.
(edited 6 years ago)
-Easiest-
English Literature
Law
English Language
Sociology
-Hardest-
Doing English lit and creative writing next year at uni
Reply 927
Easiest to Hardest:
Maths
Physics
Chemistry
Further Maths
Highest to lowest:
Chemisty
Art
Biology
hardest to easiest:
Biology
Physics
Maths
Easiest to hardest:

Chem
English Lit
Biology
Original post by phantom973
Easiest to hardest:

Chem
English Lit
Biology

its literally so depressing how much content there is to learn in bio. just makes me want to give up. How far are you into your revision?
Reply 932
Hardest to easiest:
Biology
Psychology
English
Hardest to easiest:

Physics
Maths
Chemistry
Biology
Easiest to hardest:
Maths
English lit
Sociology
Reply 935
Easiest to Hardest;

Geography
Sociology
Geology
Government and Politics
History
Philosophy (I cannot explain how difficult just philosophy, not philosophy and ethics, is)
Maths - Fairly straightforward so far (we've finished all the AS Applied material, and have done a decent amount of the A2 Pure. Still have A2 calculus and trigonometric identities to do, and am looking forward to the challenge with calculus, but most certainly not trigonometry)

Further Maths- Ain't gonna comment on this but from what i've seen it is pretty damn awful. Am not looking forward to this at all.

Physics - Pretty manageable so far though we've only just started waves and recently finished materials. I am aware that module 5 and 6 (Newtonian World and Astrophysics, and Medical Physics) are much more difficult, though I am not too worried by the challenge.

Economics - None of the content is especially hard, it's just that there is so damn much of it that it's hard to keep up. The exam papers themselves are also extremely difficult for me as I suck at essay writing and extended response questions. So far this is easily my worst . The workload doesn't help.

Based on what we've done so far:

Maths
Physics
Economics

How I am expecting it to end up:

Maths
Physics
Further Maths
Economics

I suck at essay writing though, so that's why economics is so hard for me. Also, I have a tendency to freak out when I see a question that I initially think is way too hard. That is also why I particularly expect to struggle with Further Maths, aside from the fact that it is FURTHER Maths
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by youreanutter
can you also mention what did u get in gcse for each and what are u getting now and what do u plan to do at uni

easiest to hardest

spanish
french
law
easiest to hardest:
psychology
biology
history

Quick Reply

Latest