pwincessfizzy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys, I really need your help.
Has anyone done the IGCSE edexcel exam before?
I need an idea of whta the questions will be about.:confused::confused::confused: literally dying out of frustration
igcsegirl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi I'm doing the same exam.
Revising the practicals is a good idea as they often come up and are worth a lot of marks, so familiarise yourself with CORMS style answers.

Generally there is a question where you label an organ such as the eye or the heart, I would recommend revising human transport as it is such a big topic and basically always comes up.

another key topic would be plant transport and gas exchange, just learn the key facts (about xylem and phloem etc) and equations (respiration and photo synthesis)digestion on and human nutrition is probably the third topic I would mention, just make sure you know the processes such as absorption and assimilation and about peristalsis and cilia.

In terms of exam technique, my teacher always recommends putting your answer in bullet points as it is easier for the examiner so they are less likely to miss points (and you don't get marks for essay style answers) and this method also means you have more time.im doing edexcel igcse by the way, hope that helps!

Someone else gave me a list of the most common 6 mark questions that come up which I would definitely advise practising:

How is a leaf adapted for photosynthesis
-Biological consequences of smoking on the lungs
-Biological consequences of smoking on heart
Process of evolution
Process of selective breeding
-Process of genetic modification
Process of micropropagation
-Process of cloning

There is a really useful thread going which I, and a few others have posted some helpful things on: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...9#post55539379
pwincessfizzy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Wow, oh my God thank you so much That helped a lot! If youve already done the exam, was it hard?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (255)
57.17%
I don't have everything I need (191)
42.83%

Watched Threads