The Student Room Group

Help! lol

Basically, and please don't reply with any critiscm! My first exam is on the 19th, however I still havent started revising properly yet! I've been procrastinating too much! I'm trying to put my head down and it almost seems impossible to revise for 16 exams INCLUDING triple science! Any tips on how to revise for my subjects in such a short amount of time?
Reply 1
make a mind map
make revision card
hope that helps
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Download any specifications, so you know exactly what you need to learn and you don't learn anything irrelevant, and look through the spec and identify any areas you don't know

Revise these areas, make notes, then mindmaps to sum it up, then flash cards to memorise, then finally test your knowledge with past papers x

Hope I helped, if you have any more questions feel free to ask x
Reply 3
Original post by just ask
make a mind map
make revision card
hope that helps

Thanks I'll try that!
Reply 4
Original post by kxylah
Download any specifications, so you know exactly what you need to learn and you don't learn anything irrelevant, and look through the spec and identify any areas you don't know

Revise these areas, make notes, then mindmaps to sum it up, then flash cards to memorise, then finally test your knowledge with past papers x

Hope I helped, if you have any more questions feel free to ask x

Thank you so much! But would the specifications be available for my upcoming exams? Or can I use one that was published any previous years?
Reply 5
Original post by Dhanyal96
Thank you so much! But would the specifications be available for my upcoming exams? Or can I use one that was published any previous years?

Usually the specification for the last exams is the same for your exams, unless your course is changing for 2015 which is quite unlikely for most subjects! But if you know your course has changed since the last exam, I'm sure they'll have an updated version of the spec online x
Reply 6
Original post by JuliaM1998
your exams start so late what even I have 23 and they started on tuesday >:frown:

You actually have a fair amount of time- id say focus on the subject thats closest, cram that and once thats done move onto the next. Eventually youll reach an exam you havent had time to fully cram for but you may as well try to learn stuff as quickly as possible starting now. What are you aiming for?

Thanks for the advice. Good luck on your exams btw! Im aiming for mainly A and B grades and a C in German because of my CW. What about yourself?
I know it sounds weird but if you really want to learn the information quickly, record yourself saying the information you want to learn in short, concise points and then you can play it whenever you have spare time, on the bus, around the house, even at night, if you put your headphones in no one will know that you're revising and both the process of saying the information aloud and playing it over will help you to learn it. I hope this helps and good luck :smile:
Original post by Dhanyal96
Basically, and please don't reply with any critiscm! My first exam is on the 19th, however I still havent started revising properly yet! I've been procrastinating too much! I'm trying to put my head down and it almost seems impossible to revise for 16 exams INCLUDING triple science! Any tips on how to revise for my subjects in such a short amount of time?

Quick Reply

Latest