Consumer Research/Behaviour Exam helpWatch this thread
If anyone could help please I am undertaking consumer behaviour/research module at university and I am struggling to find useful resources to revise for my exam. My lecturer has not done a great job in presenting different theories for the module in consumer behaviour.
If anyone could share their lecture material or any other type of material that explains the theories of consumer behaviour etc would be much appreciated....
Here are some journal articles that'll be useful as a starting point for your reading. You'll find additional reading from within these articles itself.
* Bender,T. (1978), ‘Community and Social Change in America’, New Brunswick, NJ: Rutgers University Press.
* Borgerson, J.L. and Schroeder, J.E. (2005), ‘Identity in Marketing Communications: An Ethics of Visual Representation.’ Marketing Communication: New Approaches, Technologies and Styles: Oxford University Press
* Cova, B., and Dalli, D. (2007) ‘Community Made: From Consumer Resistance to TribalEntrepreneurship’, in M.A.McGrath, * S. Borghini, C. Otnes (nd.), European Advances in Consumer Research 8. Duluth, MN: Association for Consumer Research.
* Gusfield, J. (1978), ‘Community:A Critical Response’, New York: Harper & Row.
* Kotler, P. (1986) ‘The Prosumer Movement: A New Challenge for Marketers.’ Advances in Consumer Research, Vol. 13
* Muniz, A.M.J and O'Guinn, T.C. (2001) ‘Brand Community.’ Journal of Consumer Research, Vol. 27, no. 4, March
* Pine, J.B. and Gilmore, J.H. (1998) ‘Welcome to the Experience Economy’. Harvard Business Review.
* Pongsakornrungsilp, S. and Schroeder, J. (2009), ‘Understanding Value Co-Creation in a Co-Consuming Group.’ Discussion Papers in Management: The University of Exeter Business School.
* Toffler, A. (1981) The Third Wave. London: Pan books, in association with Collins.
Toffler, Kotler, and Muniz are particularly insightful in Consumer Behaviour and Research.
Let me know how you get on!
I did an exam based on this and passed it with a first, the thing about consumer behaviour is how consumers think and feel about products and items they purchase,
what is it that makes them want to buy the products,
need or a want is the biggest question within consumer behaviour,
I do have revision material and if you would like them I could write them up.