irfansidat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi All,

If anyone could help please I am undertaking consumer behaviour/research module at university and I am struggling to find useful resources to revise for my exam. My lecturer has not done a great job in presenting different theories for the module in consumer behaviour.

If anyone could share their lecture material or any other type of material that explains the theories of consumer behaviour etc would be much appreciated....

regards

Ian
GeekLordVash
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is your exam finished, or are you still looking for resources / help?
irfansidat
Rep:
?
still looking for resources please. Would be much appreciated
GeekLordVash
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Which University are you studying at? What's the module code? I could have a look at the course's intended learning outcomes, assessment criteria, and recommend sources based on that.
GeekLordVash
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi Irfan,

Here are some journal articles that'll be useful as a starting point for your reading. You'll find additional reading from within these articles itself.

* Bender,T. (1978), ‘Community and Social Change in America’, New Brunswick, NJ: Rutgers University Press.
* Borgerson, J.L. and Schroeder, J.E. (2005), ‘Identity in Marketing Communications: An Ethics of Visual Representation.’ Marketing Communication: New Approaches, Technologies and Styles: Oxford University Press
* Cova, B., and Dalli, D. (2007) ‘Community Made: From Consumer Resistance to TribalEntrepreneurship’, in M.A.McGrath, * S. Borghini, C. Otnes (nd.), European Advances in Consumer Research 8. Duluth, MN: Association for Consumer Research.
* Gusfield, J. (1978), ‘Community:A Critical Response’, New York: Harper & Row.
* Kotler, P. (1986) ‘The Prosumer Movement: A New Challenge for Marketers.’ Advances in Consumer Research, Vol. 13
* Muniz, A.M.J and O'Guinn, T.C. (2001) ‘Brand Community.’ Journal of Consumer Research, Vol. 27, no. 4, March
* Pine, J.B. and Gilmore, J.H. (1998) ‘Welcome to the Experience Economy’. Harvard Business Review.
* Pongsakornrungsilp, S. and Schroeder, J. (2009), ‘Understanding Value Co-Creation in a Co-Consuming Group.’ Discussion Papers in Management: The University of Exeter Business School.
* Toffler, A. (1981) The Third Wave. London: Pan books, in association with Collins.

Toffler, Kotler, and Muniz are particularly insightful in Consumer Behaviour and Research.

Let me know how you get on!

Best,

Vashisht
Naz2112
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
hi
I did an exam based on this and passed it with a first, the thing about consumer behaviour is how consumers think and feel about products and items they purchase,
what is it that makes them want to buy the products,
need or a want is the biggest question within consumer behaviour,
I do have revision material and if you would like them I could write them up.
irfansidat
Rep:
?
that would be great naz2112. thank you
Naz2112
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by irfansidat)
that would be great naz2112. thank you
when is your exam and what topics are you concentrating on, plus is it a 100% exam
irfansidat
Rep:
?
exams in 3 weeks and itd 100% exam. ill b revising as many tipics as i can
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (59)
4.63%
Uncertainty around my education (195)
15.29%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (141)
11.06%
Lack of purpose or motivation (181)
14.2%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (57)
4.47%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (72)
5.65%
Loneliness (112)
8.78%
Financial worries (45)
3.53%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (58)
4.55%
Exposure to negative news/social media (58)
4.55%
Lack of real life entertainment (68)
5.33%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (112)
8.78%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (117)
9.18%

Watched Threads