IGCSE Edexcel English May 2015 anthology predictions

Watch this thread
pwalker09
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey guys,

As all you guys doing igcse edexcel english know, in section b there's going to be a text from our anthology (Touching the Void, Chinese Cinderella, etc.). I wanted to know what, in your opinion, is going to show up on the exam.
MaliniHalai
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by pwalker09)
Hey guys,

As all you guys doing igcse edexcel english know, in section b there's going to be a text from our anthology (Touching the Void, Chinese Cinderella, etc.). I wanted to know what, in your opinion, is going to show up on the exam.

its most probably section A: climate change or passage to Africa in paper 1 and section B: An Unknown Girl or Veronica in paper 2.
g3272046
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MaliniHalai)
its most probably section A: climate change or passage to Africa in paper 1 and section B: An Unknown Girl or Veronica in paper 2.
Section A: can be a media text(climate change:facts) or on exploraton...
Section B : may have disabled
qwertyfish
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
How accurate are predictions normally?
MaliniHalai
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by g3272046)
Section A: can be a media text(climate change:facts) or on exploraton...
Section B : may have disabled
Disabled was done in 2013...but there is a chance a poem is coming this time...
Branuma
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Guys im doing the cambridge exam
I wrote my name in simple letters but they had asked us to write my name in capital.
However i included my candidate number and my center number
Is there any problem?
Please help me ASAP
qwertyfish
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Branuma)
Guys im doing the cambridge exam
I wrote my name in simple letters but they had asked us to write my name in capital.
However i included my candidate number and my center number
Is there any problem?
Please help me ASAP
Nope, only if you got your center number wrong. The candidate number is used to double check the name, and the name is used to double check the candidate number.

Also, you would generally get a faster/better response if you create another thread more relevant to your question.
FluffyCherry
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Jan 2012
From Touching the Void

June 2012
From A Game of Polo with a Headless Goat

Jan 2013
Your Guide to Beach Safety

June 2013
From The Explorer’s Daughter

Jan 2014
From Chinese Cinderella

June 2014
From Taking on the World

June 2014 R
From A Passage to Africa

Jan 2015
Explorers, or boys messing about?

So far it's Climate Change webpage – Greenpeace UK and Climate Change: The Facts that haven't showed up yet, so I'm guessing one of them will be show up in (4EA0) R and the other anthology will show up in the non-R paper (4EA0/01KEA0/01) ..
atrocityponderer
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by FluffyCherry)
So far it's Climate Change webpage – Greenpeace UK and Climate Change: The Facts that haven't showed up yet, so I'm guessing one of them will be show up in (4EA0) R and the other anthology will show up in the non-R paper (4EA0/01KEA0/01) ..
Great. We can expect the 2 of the most uninteresting texts from Section A I have studied in the Anthology. Jolly good.

I honestly have no idea what to write for the two texts, especially the website one. There aren't many resources I can find on the Greenpeace website online since it's relatively new.

I'm not doing Paper 2 since my school took the coursework route, so I hope those grades bump up the grade I will get from this paper even if the cooursework ones are only worth 30%.
judezeitoun
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
2015 january was explorers or boys messing about, we got it as a mock
judezeitoun
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by atrocityponderer)
Great. We can expect the 2 of the most uninteresting texts from Section A I have studied in the Anthology. Jolly good.

I honestly have no idea what to write for the two texts, especially the website one. There aren't many resources I can find on the Greenpeace website online since it's relatively new.

I'm not doing Paper 2 since my school took the coursework route, so I hope those grades bump up the grade I willImage get from this paper even if the cooursework ones are only worth 30%.
yeah we havent done much work about either because my teacher always believed that they wouldn't bring it up they just add it because it's necessary informationv
turn-to-page394
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by FluffyCherry)
Jan 2012
From Touching the Void

June 2012
From A Game of Polo with a Headless Goat

Jan 2013
Your Guide to Beach Safety

June 2013
From The Explorer’s Daughter

Jan 2014
From Chinese Cinderella

June 2014
From Taking on the World

June 2014 R
From A Passage to Africa

Jan 2015
Explorers, or boys messing about?

yay, the most boring ones...
jesus313
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
what came up in 2015 jan?
Ibrahim Rampuri
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jesus313)
what came up in 2015 jan?
explorers or boys messing about
qwertyfish
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by turn-to-page394)
yay, the most boring ones...
What about touching the void?
turn-to-page394
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by qwertyfish)
What about touching the void?
ok, I take it back - i'd much rather have the climate change ones than touching the void : i hate talking about that one...

Though it might come up seeing as it hasn't in a while : /
username1944277
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
how about Touching the Void
Gizmo999
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
What does the R mean in June 2014, please (Passage to Africa text)?
qwertyfish
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
It hasn't been done yet
atrocityponderer
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Gizmo999)
What does the R mean in June 2014, please (Passage to Africa text)?
The R means it's just a regional paper. They introduced it recently because of the different time zones, and so the questions they will ask are different (people can't all do the exam at the same time).
So because people doing this exam in the UK and the time zones close to it will be doing the normal paper, while the time zones such as the UTC +6, +7, +8, etc. would be doing the regional papers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (81)
18.75%
The paper was reasonable (165)
38.19%
Not feeling great about that exam... (118)
27.31%
It was TERRIBLE (68)
15.74%

Watched Threads