BunnyFastard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello all,
I am an intern in the marketing field. I have been assigned to develop a "Safety Provision" as a separate portfolio on the company (Selling safety to other organization).
This company primarily deals with engineering products and operations related to any field.
Would really appreciate any thoughts or ideas you have to share about the same.
If you want a hint on what i'm dealing with, you can check DuPont or UL.
These are companies which are leading in safety provisions
Would also recommend you to post additional company names which deal with Providing Safety
gl1386
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,

If you are looking at safety consultation as an offer of service then it would relate to the establishment of a Health and Safety Management system (HSE-MS) - hard to identify your exact needs without a bit more depth if possible.

Most safety approaches are systematic and although companies often put their own mark/name on it they are based on established MS's - adjusted to reflect the specific nature of a particular industry.

Well known systems such as OHSAS 18001 and the new ISO 45001 expected for release in Sept may be a good starting point - consultation and provision is normally acting as the guide - companies often know of standards however it is the getting there that they often contract out. You are in principle selling knowledge and experience of approaches tailored to an individual organisation or company.

If you are talking about provision of physical safety protection - in the case of DuPont - body armour or indeed simple items like guards for engineering machines that is something totally different. This would be more in-line with engineering controls aspects of the hierarchy of controls - offering engineering solutions to prevent/reduce potential.

If you can let me know any further details I will try my best to assist.
BunnyFastard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by gl1386)
Hi,

If you are looking at safety consultation as an offer of service then it would relate to the establishment of a Health and Safety Management system (HSE-MS) - hard to identify your exact needs without a bit more depth if possible.

Most safety approaches are systematic and although companies often put their own mark/name on it they are based on established MS's - adjusted to reflect the specific nature of a particular industry.

Well known systems such as OHSAS 18001 and the new ISO 45001 expected for release in Sept may be a good starting point - consultation and provision is normally acting as the guide - companies often know of standards however it is the getting there that they often contract out. You are in principle selling knowledge and experience of approaches tailored to an individual organisation or company.

If you are talking about provision of physical safety protection - in the case of DuPont - body armour or indeed simple items like guards for engineering machines that is something totally different. This would be more in-line with engineering controls aspects of the hierarchy of controls - offering engineering solutions to prevent/reduce potential.

If you can let me know any further details I will try my best to assist.
I have read about OHSAS 18001 but i'n not aware of ISO 45001 to be released. if you could inbox me your email Id, i can send you the report i've made so far.
Really appreciate the efforts you taking in, sir.
gl1386
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you google 45001 it will give you some idea of the contents and expand your research possibly.

It may also be worth looking at BBS models as that is an important consideration and offers some real depth.

Happy to help and yes of course will assist with your draft.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.17%
I'm not sure (59)
4.52%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (382)
29.25%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (643)
49.23%

Watched Threads