The flaw with our voting system Watch

username1862217
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago

Thanks to this Labour have lost a lot of seats to the SNP and UKIP have failed to capture most of the seats from the Conservatives.
Tiri
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You are delusional if you think we live in a democracy #JustSaying
Magnus Taylor
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Keyhofi)

Thanks to this Labour have lost a lot of seats to the SNP and UKIP have failed to capture most of the seats from the Conservatives.
I hate the SNP but at least UKIP didn't have any impact
username1862217
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Surely the fairest way would be some kind of mix between the current system and proportional representation?
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The basic of the democratic system we use here is to ensure all areas of the UK are represented in Parliament. Hence Scotland , which overwhelmingly voted SNP, should be represented by a proportional amount of SNP MPs. Just because the rest of the UK is a little undecided as to quite how right wing they are, that shouldn't lessen the amount of MPs who can be fairly said to be representing their Scottish constituencies.

All forms of democracy will throw up results that can at times appear strange. FPTP isn't my preferred system but AV was sadly rejected and no push for electoral form has made it to a referendum.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are cats selfish

Yes (40)
50.63%
No (39)
49.37%

Watched Threads