The Student Room Group

What does thrush look like in women?

Hello, I'm a male but I was wondering what are the symptoms of thrush in females? What should you look for as I am unsure if my girlfriend has it but I don't know if I should confront her about it.

I don't want to cause any unnecessary paranoia/problems.
It can affect the taste and smell of genitals for both men and women. Both often also get distinctly itchy. As with oral thrush, there's often a white growth.

You shouldn't 'confront' her with anything.

Why do you think she might have it?
Reply 2
Original post by unprinted
It can affect the taste and smell of genitals for both men and women. Both often also get distinctly itchy. As with oral thrush, there's often a white growth.

You shouldn't 'confront' her with anything.

Why do you think she might have it?

After sex there has recently been a thick creamy substance at the base of my penis from her.

I also read this substance can appear after her period too. It doesn't smell and she's not in pain or itchy so I'm guessing it's nothing?
If it's just at the base, then it sounds much more like dried / drying lubrication.
Original post by Anonymous
After sex there has recently been a thick creamy substance at the base of my penis from her.

I also read this substance can appear after her period too. It doesn't smell and she's not in pain or itchy so I'm guessing it's nothing?

Sounds mostly like either your cum or her lubrication. Before sex women get wet, and some women more so than others, so its most likely just sex fluids

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous

Probably just her natural discharge; discharge caused by thrush tends to have a yeasty smell.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest