Ukip should have at least 100 seats Watch

This discussion is closed.
Its Andy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This thread is wrong.

UKIP had 12.6% of the vote. Even if the UK used proportional representation, then UKIP would only have 82 seats,(12.6/100)*650.

But I do agree that those 12.6% getting 1 MP is ridiculous.
Exon
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by offhegoes)
The SNP were indeed concentrated in a "few" constituencies. Called Scotland. In which they won nearly all the seats they contested.
Exactly.
PoorBastward
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I do feel sorry for UKIP and the Greens as they did get stitched up by a crud system.
zippity.doodah
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
you're right. I voted UKIP and I'd be telling you FPTP is the worst possible voting system if I had voted UKIP or if I had voted tory (which I was planning to do, but voing UKIP would show just how flawed out system is if so many votes mean nothing)
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If we had accepted the alternative vote, I am sure that UKIP would have had more MPs elected, perhaps a dozen or so. I'd prefer a proper form of PR, but it would have been a start.
thorn0123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The system is not perfect, but it's good enough to keep moronic parties such as UKIP out.
ChoccyPhilly
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Vlad_Tepes)
So what would be the perfect kind of system for you then? While I agree that this system is not perfect, it's not a bad system either...but there is room for improvement.

Personally I am glad UKIP only got one seat, I consider them to be a far right wing party, with racist, homophobic and xenophobic views. Their whole elections campaign was based on anti-immigration and anti-EU rhetoric.
Single transferable vote as it seems most fair for all parties and constituents.
Banter2Corrosive
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Should make a system based on overall votes. Like 4 millions people voted for UKIP so those 4 million people should be represented lol.
The Dictator
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I came over here just to see the butthurt lefties.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The number of UKIP MPs was carefully calculated to proportionally represent the collective intelligence and humanity of UKIP voters.

Fact.
TimeWalker
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm glad we're not fully democratic, because then (under proportional representation) UKIP would have more MPs.

Although, I think UKIPers generally have hearts of gold, contrary to some popular opinions.
GCSE_beginner
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Two words...
Brexit Party
(apologies to any Ukip supporters, but just compare Ukip 4 years ago to now. Blown to smithereens in my opinion)
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by GCSE_beginner)
Two words...
Brexit Party
(apologies to any Ukip supporters, but just compare Ukip 4 years ago to now. Blown to smithereens in my opinion)
Aye but the so called Brexit party (nothing more than a pressure group in ones humble opinion on the matter) is effectively UKIP rebranded and notionally without the racism (pahaha).
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (62)
32.29%
Spring (36)
18.75%
Autumn/Fall (48)
25%
Winter (36)
18.75%
I love them all equally (10)
5.21%