The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Helenia
Do you lot want this to be a no-chat thread, with just results in it? Seeing as you have a discussion thread too, I'd assume that's what the plan was. If this is the case, I'll have to delete most of these early posts.

yes - that would be best.
Reply 2
You could splice the early posts into the discussions thread.
Reply 3
best of luck to everyone!! and to me also ^^;
Reply 4
Don't call them. It's a nuisance.
Reply 5
Well this year in my school nearly everyone who applied to Oxford got an offer, so us Cambridge people are bit worried now...hmm. And yes, all our fate now lies with the Royal Mail. I only hope that the urban myth about RM loses 1 in every 10 of its mails remains, a urban myth. ><

PS. There's a question I've always wanted to ask. Some of my friends in the previous years have applied to Oxbridge and quite a few of them told me that they were told at their interview that they were rejected. Surely this can't happen?
Reply 6
hey,
do they email the decisions as well? i'm an intl applicant and all of my correspondence with cambridge (about interview, exam etc) has been thru email, so will they send decisions thru there too?

thanks
Reply 7
Ah... The decision letter gets closer and closer!!! I'm starting to get very very anxious!!! Good luck everyone!!!

- Jeff
Reply 8
My friend got into Oxford I'm really happy 4 her, cause last year no one from my school got in, but it's made me really nervous,this week has taken 4ever to go but I've been praying hard :smile:
J2K
Ah... The decision letter gets closer and closer!!! I'm starting to get very very anxious!!! Good luck everyone!!!

- Jeff

You are such a freak!-i mean that in the boy genius sense! look at those grades!!!

Unless your interview was catastrophic which i'm sure it wasn't you have nothing to worry about at least you are definitely going to be pooled if worst comes to worst.

Gd Luck!! in 35 mins it'll only be 4 days left! :eek:
Reply 10
Dark and Lovely
You are such a freak!-i mean that in the boy genius sense! look at those grades!!!

Unless your interview was catastrophic which i'm sure it wasn't you have nothing to worry about at least you are definitely going to be pooled if worst comes to worst.

Gd Luck!! in 35 mins it'll only be 4 days left! :eek:

Haha... Thanks for the compliment :biggrin:.

I dunno, it's difficult to tell how the interview went, and I get the impression these days that it's so competitive that such small things can swing a decision. We'll need to see... Fingers crossed!!!

- Jeff
J2K
Haha... Thanks for the compliment :biggrin:.

I dunno, it's difficult to tell how the interview went, and I get the impression these days that it's so competitive that such small things can swing a decision. We'll need to see... Fingers crossed!!!

- Jeff

You're right about that - after asking whether candidates can cope with the academic challenge, the key question for interviewers is whether they actually want to teach that particular student. This is far more tricky because it is about a personal relationship and the candidate's individual way of learning.

At the end of the day this can come down to chance, how the conversation happens to go. I really hope that everyone who should get in does, but in truth some people who don't may have just had a bad day.
Reply 12
J2K

- Jeff

omg, how do u revise J2K- if u dnt mind me askin.
i never thot its possible 4 a person to get such PERFECT grades.. u gd.
TEE001
omg, how do u revise J2K- if u dnt mind me askin.
i never thot its possible 4 a person to get such PERFECT grades.. u gd.

I told you all he's a freak :p: lol can you imagine there's actually probably someone out there with all A*s and full marks in every subject :eek:
Dark and Lovely
I told you all he's a freak :p: lol can you imagine there's actually probably someone out there with all A*s and full marks in every subject :eek:

I know someone who was pretty close to that. He actually got rejected from cam despite the incredible scores (that is in no way a reflection on anyone else who gets those grades, this guy was extremely arrogant and I guess he annoyed the interviewer...
Suffice to say there are people with scary grades.

Wow I'm insightful...don't worry about that stuff though - Not going to tell you to stop worrying about the letter, I know that is nigh on impossible....But Christmas crap on TV helps =D
Reply 16
Damn - no desicions, by this time last year (on the equivalent day) there were loads of them. It means the whole '2nd of Janurary'-crew were right.
Reply 17
Dark and Lovely

A friend of mine met someone applying to read Economic at G&C this year who had all A* and 1500/1500 at AS including Further Maths!
Reply 18
Well done Jeff, fantastic results.
Reply 19
It certainly is, although, I think it would depend on how the interview went badly. If it was shown that they did not understand their answers, and were just a straight learner, they probably wouldn't get an offer, I'd assume. However, I think it would be quite unlikely that someone with those grades would have a terrible interview, they must be either very bright or very determined. Either of which should ensure they could interview quite well.

Latest

Trending

Trending