The Student Room Group

ocr ethics 1 + 2 monday 11th may

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RainBear
I loved this question. I wrote 5 pages on it

I loved it as well!!
Original post by samb1234
Can't remember exact details but make sure you know the key stages in the ceremony and what each of them represent eg giving of rings as a symbol of eternal love etc etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

belated thank you :~) hope it went well
Original post by mohammed rashid
I wrote two and a half sides for each part e :frown: how do you write so much in the short time

I try to get A-D done in 10 minutes and leave 20 minutes for E. Then that's 4 minutes per page and I just don't stop writing at all. Both my 12 markers were about the same length.
As soon as the clock reached half way I stopped and went onto the next question and only added more to the previous one if I finished early. I check each question after writing it to save a huge check at the end.
Reply 183
I forgot to write the number of booklets i used although i just used one
Just wondering if anything will happen marks wise??

I worry ALOT
@mohammed rashid, what was the grade boundary for an a* last year?
Original post by glimmers
belated thank you :~) hope it went well

I took this last year lol hence why I couldn't tell you exact details

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 186
Original post by hazzer1998
Same !!! I also found the question " Explain why Justice is important to Christians ? " quite challenging

I didnt do do that topic as I hate it but I did human relationships, medical ethics, equality and media and the first two were alright and the second two were really difficult! How are you feeling for philosophy?:smile:
Reply 187
I wrote two and a half sides for each part e :frown: how do you write so much in the short time

oh dear I only managed a page and a half for each e :s-smilie: I think it's more about quality than quantity Though- remember it's only twelve marks anyway!!
yeah liberation theology is fine, I used it too with the quote 'free the oppressed'

Ahh thankyou! I was getting worried!
do quotes still count if you don't write where they're from. I just put the quote but did't put the actual thing like Leviticus, mark, ie

The quotes are the only thing you need

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 190
Original post by san_28
Hey guys, this is my first post on TSR!

I found the exam okay. But the Ethics 1 was harder, for me. Especially the 12 markers, i couldnt remember any bible quotes for contraception or cloning.

I couldnt either... But then I remembered that contraception and cloning was non existent in biblical times!!!:rolleyes:
Original post by mghp
I couldnt either... But then I remembered that contraception and cloning was non existent in biblical times!!!:rolleyes:

For contraception I used natural law, go forth and multiply and agape

For cloning I put the Lord gives and takes away

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 192
Quick question.

Were you supposed to put

1.A
1.B
1 C.

I did 1
A
B
C
instead. Will it make a difference?
I put

A a
b
c

etc,
hope it won't affect it ooops
Original post by RainBear
I try to get A-D done in 10 minutes and leave 20 minutes for E. Then that's 4 minutes per page and I just don't stop writing at all. Both my 12 markers were about the same length.
As soon as the clock reached half way I stopped and went onto the next question and only added more to the previous one if I finished early. I check each question after writing it to save a huge check at the end.

thanks for the advice, I will try and do that in the philosophy exam
Original post by saratheawesome1
Ahh thankyou! I was getting worried!

its fine, good luck for the philosophy
Original post by jesus313
@mohammed rashid, what was the grade boundary for an a* last year?

180/200 A*- you can drop 20 marks and get an A*

160/200 A- you can drop 40 marks and get an A

these grade boundaries are from the OCR website, they are subject to change each year so can be lower.
Original post by RKM21
Quick question.

Were you supposed to put

1.A
1.B
1 C.

I did 1
A
B
C
instead. Will it make a difference?

The examiners will figure it out - don't worry about it
Original post by MP_1999
I forgot to write the number of booklets i used although i just used one
Just wondering if anything will happen marks wise??

I worry ALOT

That'll be fine don't worry about it
Original post by mghp
I didnt do do that topic as I hate it but I did human relationships, medical ethics, equality and media and the first two were alright and the second two were really difficult! How are you feeling for philosophy?:smile:

I'm only doing Ethics as my schools only does the short course , I could of done the full course but it would mean an extra lesson after school :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending