ugggg please help me with bio :)

Watch this thread
flyingpanda786
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
This just doesn't make sense, please explain as well

The cells of seaweed which actively absorb
iodide ions from sea water would be expected
to have large numbers of:

A chloroplasts
B mitochondria
C ribosomes
D vacuoles.
NineTailedFox
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
I think it is B.
it is 'actively absorbing' the iodide ions which means the process needs energy and mitochondria make ATP

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nucleotide
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Actively absorb = active transport = needs energy = mitochondria where respiration takes place to release ATP

The answer is mitochondria
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Agree with the members before. I think that the iodide ions are absorbed by seaweeds just to create energy, so ATP. And mitochondria are responsible for ATP.

Ribosomes are creating proteins by amino acids, vacuoles are using to save - or store - proteins and chloroplasts are absorbing the light to manage photosynthesis. That is why it must be mitochondria.
flyingpanda786
Rep:
(Original post by Kallisto)
Agree with the members before. I think that the iodide ions are absorbed by seaweeds just to create energy, so ATP. And mitochondria are responsible for ATP.

Ribosomes are creating proteins by amino acids, vacuoles are using to save - or store - proteins and chloroplasts are absorbing the light to manage photosynthesis. That is why it must be mitochondria.

Thank u sooo much
flyingpanda786
Rep:
(Original post by NineTailedFox)
I think it is B.
it is 'actively absorbing' the iodide ions which means the process needs energy and mitochondria make ATP

Posted from TSR Mobile
Makes sooo much sense now, thank you
flyingpanda786
Rep:
(Original post by Nucleotide)
Actively absorb = active transport = needs energy = mitochondria where respiration takes place to release ATP

The answer is mitochondria
Ur explanation is great, thank u soo much!
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by flyingpanda786)
Thank u sooo much
Always at your service! :top2:

By the way you have forgotten to give NineTailedFox a reputation (I gave it to him instead). I just told it to you. If you give reputations to every single one who gave a helpful answer to you, no one should be forgotten by you... :yes:
flyingpanda786
Rep:
(Original post by Kallisto)
Always at your service! :top2:

By the way you have forgotten to give NineTailedFox a reputation (I gave it to him instead). I just told it to you. If you give reputations to every single one who gave a helpful answer to you, no one should be forgotten by you... :yes:
Haha ur right, i did try to give him a reputation but it said that i gave my limit for the day
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (30)
32.26%
They're exactly what I expected (26)
27.96%