who is thor?

Watch
flyingpanda786
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Can someone please explain is thor a god? And if so why is he a god? Is he worshipped?
Dilmurod Dilmu
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He's a God. He's a God because he was born to another God = Odin. Yes he's worshipped by a few people.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by flyingpanda786)
Can someone please explain is thor a god? And if so why is he a god? Is he worshipped?
I'm going to assume we're talking about the Marvel character Thor here? If so, he's not actually a God, just a member of an extremely powerful alien species who, during their interactions with the Earth, began being worshipped by the Norse as if they were gods (because compared to the ancient Norse, they may as well have been) and inspired their whole mythos. I don't know Marvel's comic book universe extensively, but from what I can remember there are several different races and beings above the Asgardians in terms of power, and then above them there are actual, literal deities (or possibly a singular deity, I don't exactly know) that are all occasionally referenced across the MCU.

If you're asking about that actual mythical figure, yes, he's an actual god in Norse mythology.
flyingpanda786
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Gofre)
I'm going to assume we're talking about the Marvel character Thor here? If so, he's not actually a God, just a member of an extremely powerful alien species who, during their interactions with the Earth, began being worshipped by the Norse as if they were gods (because compared to the ancient Norse, they may as well have been) and inspired their whole mythos. I don't know Marvel's comic book universe extensively, but from what I can remember there are several different races and beings above the Asgardians in terms of power, and then above them there are actual, literal deities (or possibly a singular deity, I don't exactly know) that are all occasionally referenced across the MCU.

If you're asking about that actual mythical figure, yes, he's an actual god in Norse mythology.
wow, you really cleared that up, thank you!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (676)
41.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.2%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads