Turn on thread page Beta

Greets,

I've got my orals for German (SL) on Thursday, and my assigned topic is to speak over "Recycling."
    I've got all my volcab and the like down, (I think), but I'm allowed by the IB guidelines to bring
    with me a short outline. Can anyone give me a hand as to what kind of things it would be useful to
    say? Things I shouldn't forget, and the like?

Thanks much,
    J.C., IB nerd from Florida

The way I did it was to prepare the speech in German, written out in full, beforehand, with
    corrections from my teacher, then I would bring in the speech in English and translate while you
    read. It's hard but I seemed to remember more than just doing it via notes....

If you don't like that idea, you're allowed 10 small points. I'd say 4 for, 4 against, 1 intro, 1
    summary is a good idea, for an argument sort of speech. That's what IBO like.

James Jones wrote:
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Greets,[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> I've got my orals for German (SL) on Thursday, and my assigned topic is to speak over "Recycling."[/q1]
    [q1]> I've got all my volcab and the like down, (I think), but I'm allowed by the IB guidelines to bring[/q1]
    [q1]> with me a short outline. Can anyone give me a hand as to what kind of things it would be useful to[/q1]
    [q1]> say? Things I shouldn't forget, and the like?[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Thanks much,[/q1]
    [q1]> J.C., IB nerd from Florida[/q1]

The way I did it was to prepare the speech in German, written out in full, beforehand, with
    corrections from my teacher, then I would bring in the speech in English and translate while you
    read. It's hard but I seemed to remember more than just doing it via notes....

If you don't like that idea, you're allowed 10 small points. I'd say 4 for, 4 against, 1 intro, 1
    summary is a good idea, for an argument sort of speech. That's what IBO like.

James Jones wrote:
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Greets,[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> I've got my orals for German (SL) on Thursday, and my assigned topic is to speak over "Recycling."[/q1]
    [q1]> I've got all my volcab and the like down, (I think), but I'm allowed by the IB guidelines to bring[/q1]
    [q1]> with me a short outline. Can anyone give me a hand as to what kind of things it would be useful to[/q1]
    [q1]> say? Things I shouldn't forget, and the like?[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Thanks much,[/q1]
    [q1]> J.C., IB nerd from Florida[/q1]

In article <[email protected]> , "James Robertson" <[email protected]> wrote:

According to my teacher the IBO doesn't allow you to bring in a prewritten speech in any language.
    You can take an outline, and the selection from your dossier that prompted you to discuss the topic.
    That's good, because I've accidentally made some notes on the excerpts on Recycling...

Anyway, thanks much.. I suppose just putting down those pros and cons should have been obvious
    Blame it on the latest TOK paper I've written!

[q1]> The way I did it was to prepare the speech in German, written out in full, beforehand, with[/q1]
    [q1]> corrections from my teacher, then I would bring in the speech in English and translate while you[/q1]
    [q1]> read. It's hard but I seemed to remember more than just doing it via notes.... If you don't like[/q1]
    [q1]> that idea, you're allowed 10 small points. I'd say 4 for, 4 against, 1 intro, 1 summary is a good[/q1]
    [q1]> idea, for an argument sort of speech. That's what IBO like.[/q1]

--
    James 'Pug' Jones "Aliquando et insanire iucundum est" It is sometimes pleasant even to act
    like a madman
    - L. Annaeus Seneca

My teacher looked it up and allowed me to do that. But I was allowed NO German at all.

James Jones wrote:
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> In article <[email protected]> , "James Robertson" <[email protected]> wrote:[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> According to my teacher the IBO doesn't allow you to bring in a prewritten speech in any language.[/q1]
    [q1]> You can take an outline, and the selection from your dossier that prompted you to discuss the[/q1]
    [q1]> topic. That's good, because I've accidentally made some notes on the excerpts on Recycling...[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Anyway, thanks much.. I suppose just putting down those pros and cons should have been obvious [/q1]
    [q1]> Blame it on the latest TOK paper I've written![/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q2]> > The way I did it was to prepare the speech in German, written out in full, beforehand, with[/q2]
    [q2]> > corrections from my teacher, then I would bring in the speech in English and translate while you[/q2]
    [q2]> > read. It's hard but I seemed to remember more than just doing it via notes.... If you don't like[/q2]
    [q2]> > that idea, you're allowed 10 small points. I'd say 4 for, 4 against, 1 intro, 1 summary is a[/q2]
    [q2]> > good idea, for an argument sort of speech. That's what IBO like.[/q2]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> --[/q1]
    [q1]> James 'Pug' Jones "Aliquando et insanire iucundum est" It is sometimes pleasant even to act like[/q1]
    [q1]> a madman[/q1]
    [q1]> - L. Annaeus Seneca[/q1]

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.